My kind of food store

@sallypup (26319)
Moses Lake, Washington
I found my favorite fruit store on Craigslist last night. I called the folks up and asked them how to find their place. Up behind the hospital and high school and up over the canal. Huh? I dropped hubby off at work and headed north to a little community about twenty miles. Oh my. Fruit orchards! Noisy birds picnicing on the fruit. Already the temps were in the dry high 80s. I couldn't find the place so I called the number again. Answer: my wife is in a white van on the corner of Delta. I drove onto that road. No van and no wife. Drove back and there behind a long row of nectarine trees sat a van and a wife. I drove past the Out! or be prosecuted sign. Nectarines. Ripe. Sold at a decent price. The folks pick the fruit off the tree when you are heading over. Small town America at its best and finest. I plucked a nectarine off a branch and bit into a smack of juice. Fresh. Vibrant. Perfect mid morning snack. Today I will be sorting through the box cause some are raring to be eaten or frozen for winter breakfasts.
funny if they want to sell stuff they'd have signs to discourage visitors.
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt They want paying customers not folks zipping in for free fruit. It would be so easy to walk by and hey! Nobody will notice me snapping off a couple of nectarines.
@sallypup I can understand that, but still, it doesnt exactly encourage paying customers from how I see it
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Bozos have been ripping off farmer's copper irrigation pipes at night. I don't know what the solution is.
40 miles round trip for fruit no, for steak maybe LOL
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill We're not eating much steak these days. My little putt putt gets about 40 miles to the gallon. A little goose chase didn't hurt me.
@sallypup As long as you don't mind goose chases....I hate them and we get good gas mileage too but I hate throwing away time.
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill Sitting in a cooler car is much sweeter than working in a sweltering yard.
Nothing beats fresh off the vine
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marilynda1225 Plus I got a little peek into a farmer's life.
@sallypup I always wished I had grown up on a farm
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marilynda1225 I was fortunate to live for a few years on a little farm. I think the freedom of walking on 20 acres has stayed with me to this day. We're on 3 acres now. It feels good to have room away from neighbors.
My ex and I used to travel to a little farming community a few miles out of town in the fall. We could pick up apples left on the ground for free in the orchards there. They were huge too. Left over from the pickings. Nice crisp, juicy apples. Enough for a meal in one apple. They were the size of base balls.
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Celticeagle That's a fine memory and a fine picture that you just gave me. Thanks.
@sallypup .....They sure were good.
@Jackalyn (6620)
• Oxford, England
Sounds like a wonderfully zany trip to me. It is nice when things are still like they used to be.
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jackalyn I agree. The world needs to stop the hustle and bustle and just let some of the old ways in.
The real thing?
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@madina The original store: somebody's orchard.
A bit of trouble to find it, but worth the trouble for sure!!
@sallypup (26319)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 It was a bit of a goose chase but everything was so bright and alive!