Is she Playing Games?

@akalinus (22907)
I am really angry at my son's girlfriend. I wonder if she is just playing games. He works nights and it is a hard job. She is always waking him up to take her somewhere. Today, she got him up so she could go buy Halloween decorations. She has waked him up because she wanted to buy a parfait, because she wanted to go to Dollar Tree, go to a relative's house, visit a friend, etc. Today, she got him to call in to work. He is going to lose his job if he does not get some sleep. As soon as he did, she wanted to go to mom's house. So he is off again for a two-hour drive each way. What do you think? Is she just playing games. If he loses his job, he will lose his car, phone and anything else he has. She is on disability and has no idea how life is for everyone else. Am I wrong to be angry?
You are right to be angry and what I think is that this girl is selfish and immature.
@akalinus (22907)
Now to convince him of that.
@akalinus I fear that it's impossible. All the family tried to convince the idiot of my brother that he was choosing the wrong girl. He had to marry her, so later he had to divorce (and spend plenty of money).
@akalinus (22907)
@LadyDuck I do not see a bright future as of now.
@LeaPea2417 (23208)
• Toccoa, Georgia
She sounds immature and only thinks about herself.
@akalinus (22907)
That describes her. She claims she loves my son but the evidence does not point that way.
No I do not think you are wrong if she loved him why is she doing what she is doing? sounds like she is a user and thinks hes a soft touch it looks like to me. Your son needs to learn to say no to her.
@akalinus (22907)
I don't think she understands "no."
No, I don't think that you are wrong at all. She needs to leave him alone so he can get some sleep. She doesn't sound very thoughtful.
@akalinus (22907)
I am just so angry. I have told her that he works hard and needs sleep but she does not seem to comprehend.
@Tina30219 (37532)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds like she needs to grow up.No you are not wrong to be angry I would be also you son needs to put his foot down with her games she is doing with him.
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
I would be upset to and would have said something. Why can't she go herself and let him rest? I can stand people like that.
@akalinus (22907)
She wrecked her car a while back. She would not be covered under either one of our insurance policies.
@marie42 (982)
• Shreveport, Louisiana
@akalinus aww gotcha. Well I hope he puts his foot down before its to late.
@akalinus (22907)
@marie42 Me too. He dumped her once because she used to play head games. Like call him up and pretend she is someone else and asked what he thought of her. He had another relationship that did not work out and then they were together again.
What? Halloween it's only August... She is very wrong for depending on him too much!
@akalinus (22907)
No one needs Halloween stuff in August. Or at all, for that matter.
@akalinus Exactly. What is she planning a party? That's a bunch of excuses she's having.
@akalinus (22907)
@infatuatedbby She said she had to get them then in case the Dollar Tree ran out. I told her she could use orange and black construction paper and make some bats, cats, and pumpkins to tap to the window.
@fcmondez (421)
• Quezon, Philippines
I think your son's girlfriend is just really immature. She might not realize there are more important things than his boyfriend going everywhere with him. Maybe your son can make her understand how important his job is not only for him but for the both of them if they are really meant for each other.
@akalinus (22907)
They are talking marriage but that probably won't happen because she would lose her benefits.
@fcmondez (421)
• Quezon, Philippines
@akalinus They nees to have a long discussion about that if they are going long-term. Marriage is not all about love.
@akalinus (22907)
@fcmondez You are exactly right. Somehow, I can't see her raising a child or keeping house.
@inertia4 (27792)
No, I don't think she is playing games. I think he is just plain selfish. Has no regard for anyone else but herself.
@akalinus (22907)
I really am not sure what to think.
@inertia4 (27792)
@akalinus It sounds like her being selfish to me though. Whatever it is, if your son does is okay with it, let it go for now. He has to be the one to figure it all out anyway. If he gets tired of it I am sure he will say something.
@akalinus (22907)
@inertia4 it makes my blood boil to see this going on.
@responsiveme (18167)
She is definitely using him. Does he have friends who can talk to about this.?
@akalinus (22907)
I'm not sure. I don't know most of his friends.
@akalinus thats the problem, you need to find someone whom he likes and he'll take it better coming from them.Actually I am talking about the case with my son , he generally listens to his friends.
@akalinus (22907)
@responsiveme Thanks, I'll try to do that.
Hopefully he will see sense. I fear there is nothing you can do. He is the one who must take care of it. I can imagine how frustrating
@akalinus (22907)
It really is.
@rina110383 (24065)
Your son is not her driver. It's just right for you to be angry. Everytime my brother's girlfriend does that, they get a cruel tongue-lashing from me. That girl is so inconsiderate and insensitive.
@akalinus (22907)
He drives her a lot of places. He drives me too but I try not to ask too often.
I'd be angry too if someone treated my son like that.
@akalinus (22907)
I don't blame you. When he loses his job, then what will she do?
@carexing25 (1819)
that is so immature of her.. its always normal for moms to react that way.. you're right, she has to give him time to sleep ..lack of sleep contributes great bad effects to your son..
@akalinus (22907)
He gets a little loony when deprived of sleep for a long time. He says stupid stuff and does not even remember it. I never wake him up for frivolous reasons and I don't think she should either. I think Halloween decorations could have waited.
@shivamani10 (11170)
• Hyderabad, India
She is using him for her personal work and other benefits.
@akalinus (22907)
That is what I am starting to think.
She is being very unreasonable and he needs to let her know that he needs his sleep and most importantly that he needs his job. By the sounds of it she won't get it unless he comes right out and tells her. She needsaid to respect that fact that he needs a job. You have every right to be angry with her but it is up to him to say something to her. He doesn't always have to say yes to her or do everything she says.
@akalinus (22907)
Yes, you are right. I told him to lay down the law. It would not compute, I don't think. If he doesn't say something, it is hopeless.
@CinnamonGrl (6074)
• Paradise, California
It just sounds like she's totally clueless. He needs to say something about it, but is probably afraid to. I hope he can get her to put a lid on it.
@akalinus (22907)
I have told him that he will never get any sleep again unless he lays down the law. He must not have done that. She is clueless. She thinks if he sleeps three or four hours, that is enough.
@antonbunot (10052)
• Calgary, Alberta
@akalinus I think the best thing to do is talk to your son about it. He seems to be so in love with his wife. Of course, you don't want him to lose his job or due to lack of sleep may meet an accident while driving to work or while at work.
She sounds a very selfish girl. I hope he wakes up soon to the fact that she is using him. Can't she appreciate that if he loses his job it will be worse for her too?
@theBlock (2757)
@akalinus Your son needs to have a long talk with that girl