A New Way to Avoid Political Telemarketers

@FourWalls (15174)
I am on the "do not call" list; however, politicians in their eternal greediness ensusred that we'd continue to hear from them because when they wrote the "do not call" law they exempted political parties and organizations. Over the past month I have been getting, on average, five calls per week from the Tea Party. So finally this morning, when they called, I listened patiently, then I told the man: "I'm on the 'do not call' list. I don't know how you got my number because I've never signed up with you or donated to you. But if you call me again, I'm voting for Hillary Clinton." I was assured my name would be removed from their phone list immediately. So, if someone calls -- regardless of which side of the political spectrum it is -- just tell them that if they call you again you're voting for the other side. I hope it works for you as quickly and as well as it did for me. To celebrate, here's a cool "phone" song:
Official video of Blondie performing Hanging On The Telephone from the album Parallel Lines. Buy It Here: http://smarturl.it/l9d6un Like Blondie on Facebook:...
@akalinus (21171)
The DNC list is a joke. And, that is not a good reason to vote for someone.
@FourWalls (15174)
In the words of Foghorn Leghorn, "that's a joke, son." Don't worry, I'm not changing my vote because of annoying phone calls.
@akalinus (21171)
@FourWalls That's good.
It's just as easy for me to tell them good bye and hang up.I will have fun with it if they call me. I will go on about how I feel about trump. lol Thanks for the idea. That will be a big laugh.
@FourWalls (15174)
I know, I hang up but they are persistent jerks. They will keep calling until you give them an ultimatum. Apparently "I'm voting for the other person if you call again" is just the right button to push.
@FourWalls I can't wait for them to call me. I will have a ball.
@Bella128 (2480)
We are on the "do not call" list but it doesn't matter... we still get the calls!
I am on the Do Not Call list and that doesn't seem to do much good. No problem with political calls but the list does not prevent solicitation calls from overseas.
I just ask them to hold on a second, then put the phone down until they hang up.
@LoriAMoore (4677)
Luckily I never receive any of those calls.
@CRK109 (14413)
Sounds like a good plan to me! Of course, if my phone rings and I see a number I don't recognize, I don't answer it. That seems to work well, too, especially since there is no voice telling anyone to leave a message after the beep! lol
We just let those calls go to the answering machine, but it is wise to actually tell them to remove our names to avoid more of the same.
@Hanyouyomi (1947)
• Dallas, Texas
@FourWalls So how well did this workout for ya?
@FourWalls (15174)
They haven't called back.
• Dallas, Texas
@FourWalls Fascinating...Simply fascinating...