Walk In Clinic - Don't like that doctor!

@ricki_911 (19879)
Toronto, Ontario
I keep having asthma attack almost every few hours, and then having coughing fits in between for example if I start laughing I start coughing. My friend told me to go to the walk in. I go and this doctor I've had issues with before, she claims nothing is wrong. Really I should of asked and walked out when they said she was there. She claims I don't have asthma yet I have multiple doctors say I do, and have inhalers. She claims it a common cold. I should only be taking the inhalers every 4-6 hours I said yes I take mine every 30 mins to 2 hours so over using them. She goes then go to your doctor then if its an issue.
Walk-in clinics are good for some things, but not for others. I remember the walk-in clinic sent my dad, at age 93, home with broken ribs and a broken clavicle and some pills for pain. We took him to the ER, he was admitted to the hospital, and spent time in rehab. I was furious with the walk-in clinic doctor.
@ricki_911 (19879)
• Toronto, Ontario
I have seen this doctor a few times and she was useless. But then there are a couple that are great. I certainly will be calling ahead and asking whether she is working or not.
@ricki_911 Smart idea!
@ricki_911 (19879)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Corbin5 Save me the hassle of wasting my time.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
You would think you know what you have.
@ricki_911 (19879)
• Toronto, Ontario
Exactly, I have had asthma since I was a kid. She just wouldn't listen when I said what was happening. She said take cough syrup.
she should have given you a nebulizer treatment and prednisone!
@ricki_911 (19879)
• Toronto, Ontario
I have two inhalers now that don't seem to be working. I am taking them every 30 minutes to two hours (which suppose to be 4-6 hours between). She goes it doesn't help with a cough, I said I get a steady cough all the time, and triggers the asthma especially working I feel like I am out of breathe and going to pass out.
@ricki_911 Did she even listen to your lungs?
@ricki_911 (19879)
• Toronto, Ontario
@NJChicaa Through my shirt and two inhale/ exhaul. Which was odd, and then I said well I used the inhaler about an hour ago at work. She just rolled her eyes.