Rose Incense

Rochester, New York
Last year I bought some rose incense sticks at Walmart for $4.00. I found the sticks in a drawer and now everything in the drawer smells like roses which is making me very nauseated. lol I'm going to see if my sister likes the smell of them, if she does then they are hers otherwise I'm going to toss them. The smell is very, very strong.
I need some new incense.
• Rochester, New York
I burn it all the time, but not stuff this strong. lol
@nomus24g (24886)
$4 for an incense stick!!!! we get them at almost Rs 10 that's approx $0.15
• Rochester, New York
This was for a bundle of over 30- 40 sticks. lol
@nomus24g (24886)
@LisaSteinmetz yaa...incense sticks are sold in bundle only
If she doesn't want them, perhaps you could drop them off at Goodwill. I'm not a fan of heavy scents.
• Rochester, New York
I could do that as well. It's not in it's original package, but I can put them in a zip lock baggie.
@CinnamonGrl (6065)
• Paradise, California
I like the smell of roses, too bad it makes me choke up and get a headache. Sounds like you're having that problem, too. Really I can't burn incense, it all gives me a sore throat. Hope your sis can take them off your hands.
• Rochester, New York
Me too!
The smell must be strong as can be. Yep, I would give them to my sister too and have her toss them if she disliked the fragrance. Sisters come in pretty handy at times!
• Rochester, New York
Oh yeah I sent a bunch of stuff home with my nieces yesterday that I didn't want, but knew my sister would use. lol
@sabtraversa (13331)
I placed a bottle of essential oil in the drawer instead, same effect. I really enjoy incense sticks though, it's okay if they're strong, I usually don't stay in the same room of the burning incense, I only light them to change the smell of the environment, I don't want to die choked.
• Rochester, New York
I burned a stick of jasmine in my bathroom yesterday so the bathroom smelled nice. lol Normally I don't like leaving them burning in a room unless I'm in there. When I burn mine I'm on opposite sides of the room.
@moffittjc (45238)
• Gainesville, Florida
In general, I find any scent of incense to be too strong for me! I can handle sprays and diffusers and air fresheners no problem, but for some reason I can't stand the smell of incense. It just make me nauseated!
• Rochester, New York
I burn it all the time, but not the strong stuff. I normally burn the cones though and those are never strong scented.
@moffittjc (45238)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LisaSteinmetz Maybe that's it....I might just be thinking about the strong incense. You know, the kind teens burn to try and hide the smell of the weed they're smoking! LOL
• Rochester, New York
@moffittjc LOL Yep I remember those days with my brother! He got caught growing it in his bedroom closet. We couldn't figure out why his clothes were everywhere on his floor. lol He had a table and lamp in the closet and weed growing. He put a blanket over the door to hide the smell of it from everyone in the house.
I can't handle the smell of incense. It is nauseating and also gives me a bad headache.
• Rochester, New York
This rose stuff gave me a starter head ache last night, I had to tuck it in an old purse to block out the scent.
@LisaSteinmetz I hope you were able to get rid of it.
• Rochester, New York
@just4him I still have it lol she didn't want it.
Uggh if it is not a scent I like much, I can appreciate you saying it is nauseating . . .
• Rochester, New York
What scents do you like and or use?
@LisaSteinmetz lavender mostly but I enjoy burning fresh sage and even cinnamon
Rose incense can be crazy strong - I left a pack in a food cupboard by mistake recently and had to throw rice, pasta and cheese sauce mix away as they picked up the taste!
• Rochester, New York
Oh that's not good at all. Rose flavored cheese sauce. lol eewww
@LeaPea2417 (21997)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Some scents give me a headache, like certain cologne scents.
• Rochester, New York
The smell of Cashmere scented room sprays give me a huge headache.
@JESSY3236 (7295)
I don't like strong scents. I would have picked something less smelling for my dresser.
• Rochester, New York
The only strong scents I like are frankincense and sandalwood.
sometimes stuff just is way too strong smelling. totally get that.
• Rochester, New York
The only strong smelling incense I like is Frankincense and Sandalwood.
@acelawrites (12285)
It must be so strong that it becomes irritating. Yes, your sister might like it.
• Rochester, New York
I hope she does, if not then she can toss them out. lol
I cannot stand the smell of most fragrance.
• Rochester, New York
Besides rose incense the only other scent that makes me feel bleh is cashmere scents.