What Childhood game can you think of right now?

Quezon City, Philippines
All of us have been in this stage in our lives where we are playing games could it be group or solo. Nowadays, with the advancement of technology, our children tends to spend time playing video games, cellphones or tablets and dont play anymore outside like we used to. Now lets go back and lets see if you can still remember atleast one game you are playing during your childhood. Mine is Yu Gi Oh cards, what's yours?
Mine is luksong Tinik . Oh i can really jump the high one . It's so enjoyable . And also the tumbang preso .
• Quezon City, Philippines
Yeah, Luksong Tinik, highest jumpers are always being argued to be which team, as they never seem to lose haha I miss this game :)
@xela_r24a Yea h , it's so much fun with those games in our childhood .
• Quezon City, Philippines
@SIMPLYD Agree...
@ilocosboy (34315)
Our game was kind of too antic, the play the broken pots or we have the kids game we call 'shatong'.
• Quezon City, Philippines
How do you play shatong?
@rona07 (1665)
Do u mean shatom?? Where the losers of the game will shout.. idk shatong
@ilocosboy (34315)
@rona07 we call it siyatong.
A lot of board games like Snakes and Ladders, Game of the Generals, and Master Mind. Other games like jackstone and chinese garter (both of which I am so NOT good at), and patintero. For card games, we had Super Trump and UNO.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Wow thats a lot @moonchild117, Game of Generals is one of my favorite, UNO is a very intense card game hahaha well that's for me haha
@xela_r24a We played a lot of those games during our childhood because we couldn't afford a computer or gaming console back then. And yeah, UNO is a really fun game when played with friends. It can get noisy and rowdy.
• Quezon City, Philippines
@moonchild117 absolutely right, Chess happens to be my favorite also, but UNO will be on the top of my list I guess haha
@sabtraversa (13326)
My favorite one was "The Boy Girl Place Food Animal Game", it was a common game at school as all you needed was a piece of paper and a pen (or pencil). Same with tic-tac-toe, very simple but entertaining. I used to see my classmates playing Yu Gi Oh but I didn't buy enough cards to play with them. I also played UNO a few times. Tag or hide and seek when I was a really young child, during my kindergarten years.
• Quezon City, Philippines
@sabtraversa I am curious with "The boy girl place food animal game"? Sorry as I am not sure if I know this one, but if you could tell me how this one is played? :)
@sabtraversa (13326)
@xela_r24a You draw some columns on a sheet, on the top of each you can write something like "boy name, girl name, fruit, city, animal, celebrity and so on". A player chooses a letter, all participants must write a word beginning with that letter for each column. Each correct word has a score, some also cut the score in half if that word was chosen by more players, so it's worth to be original. For example Sam says B, I will write Brad as boy name, Bella as girl name, Banana as fruit and so on. Here we also call it "nomi, cose e città = names, things and cities" or "gioco delle 7 colonne = game of the 7 columns", but you can choose all the colums, i.e. topics, you want.
• Quezon City, Philippines
@sabtraversa yes, I remember it now, we also happen to play this at school. This is also fun but drains our brain cells hahaha
@millie02 (6908)
I remember a game called `Elastic twist' where we would get a long length of elastic, tie a knot in it at the ends. Then two of us would put the elastic around our ankles , stand facing each other about one metre apart, and another person would use her feet to twist the elastic and jump in and out of it.
• Quezon City, Philippines
I kinda remember this one but please help me fully remember this game. Is this the one which a player will repeatedly do one routine going in and should be able to go outside and lastly they will repeat all of it at the same time?
@carexing25 (1830)
chinese garter and the "tumbang preso"
• Quezon City, Philippines
I used to play "tumbang preso" while chinese garter, I remember I know how to play this one haha
@thelme55 (14575)
I played Sungka, Patintiro, scrabble, hide and seek, jumping rope and bahaybahay.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Bahay bahay is really a game that we use our imagination, one group acting as one family or maybe other ways too. This is where you sometimes use leaves as your food, right?
@thelme55 (14575)
@xela_r24a right and sometimes es sand
• Quezon City, Philippines
@thelme55 haha we used to build our own house out of those big leaves and scrap woods, and later on it will become somewhat a challenge for everyone to build a better house compared to others :)
• Hangzhou, China
During those days when the Internet was not available in most places, especially when we were young, our favorite games were playing cards, Chinese chess, flick glass ballsor chess on the floor, and a lot of other games like chasing each other on the street when there were few vechicles and playing hide and seek and house jumping and so on. Thinking of the days during our childhood, it was a lot of fun with so many outside and inside activities. Nowadays, people play more video games with their mobiles, computers, and tablets, which is another kind of killing time for fun. I miss my childhood when I played with my playmates.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Yes, those days are so memorable and sometimes when you try to remember it, those things or games you've played, some of it you will think that you would have played it haha That is the sad truth here, Kids became less healthy and most importantly our culture when it comes to games are slowly fading :(
@meowch (1056)
Hop scotch, snake and ladders, chess.
• Quezon City, Philippines
How is Hop scotch being played?
@fcmondez (423)
• Quezon, Philippines
I liked to play piko, 10-20, and paper dolls when I was a child. We have daily afternoon sessions with our neighbors' kids when iy is summer vacation.
• Quezon City, Philippines
@fcmondez piko is one of those games I am very dominant, haha I am not bragging, just saying :)
During our wonderful kids days, I used to play with other kids with our native games like "patintero," marbles, "syatong," hide and seek, rubber bands, wrestling, and other games that can be played outdoors. During our days, we were strong and energetic as we exercise daily with games and other household chores. When I look at the kids today, most of them are so weak, easily get sick or tired due to just mainly computer games on their phone or any of these latest technology. We become dependent upon these things that those more important and needful things are neglected.
• Quezon City, Philippines
@ValueAdder You're absolutely right, kids nowadays are not exposed to their surroundings and they want neither to be. Just so far compared with what we had back in those days. Much Healthier and Much Cheapper.
• Pasig, Philippines
I miss playing jackstone and chinese jackstone. This is fun to play with friends and the other one is "Sungka" ( Philippine mancala game ).
• Quezon City, Philippines
I also once play Jackstone haha it is fun. Sungka is definitely one of our cultures pride when it comes to folk games.
Ball games, hide-and-seek, pushing hoops along the street, rope jumping, hopscotch, ding-dong-ditch.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Rope Jumping is also fun, there are so many ways we can play a game with Rope Jumping, can be solo or by group :)
@waflay (2717)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I remember one that we called in my mother-tongue 'mbiririki' meaning something that revolves.By this we could take dry barks covering the maize stalk,make it to a cross-like shape ,then making a hole in the middle,then putting a small stick.If you hold it firmly and run,it would definitely revolve.
• Quezon City, Philippines
This one is new to me :) @waflay this is a game here in the Philippines?
I remember those cards but never engage of play on them, mine was mostly playstation and desktop games.
• Quezon City, Philippines
You never tried to play outdoor games like the ones we are mentioning above?
@skysnap (17817)
Monopoly is one of the favorite.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Great Board game, will really test your investment skills and patience