Why do people keep and maintain cars built in the thirties, forties and fifties?

@franxav (3617)
These are the days of F1car races. I wonder why people keep cars built in the 30's or 40's and keep them running as well.b
• Austin, Texas
In America, Old Classic Cars = Wise Investment Choice. Old cars, coins, gold, jewelry, etc. It's how people invest their money. There is definitely a lot of money in it!
For me, I like seeing the better quality and sturdiness of automobiles back then. They may not have been as gas efficient back then, but they sure lasted a long time unlike these newer/latest models and makes.
People like older cars and to have one and keep it running has a status all it's own that only those who own them understands fully. I don't own one, but I see them and there was an antique car show this past month near me.
The answer is very simple: they love those cars!
@louievill (16195)
It's like asking why do we have museums? Or why not demolish the pyramids or the Parthenon and build modern structures based on modern technolgy.
They are worth a lot of money and a rare find in some cases. I love older cars from way back. My wish is to someday buy one and redo it. To each their own. Everybody has different likes and interests.
@skysnap (17579)
I think the more old and the rare the value of those things is good. :)