Rio 2016 - oh, bore off!

Photo credit - Pixabay
United Kingdom
I know I sound like a real killjoy, but how long is left on the Olympic Games?! I'm bored stiff with it, the news is so hyperactive about our (fairly respectable) rush of medals that you'd think nothing else was going on in the world. It's the constant fawning media coverage that has killed it for me - all I really want to know is the winners of each event, a quick glimpse of Tom Daly in his pants and my four-yearly lust after Usain Bolt... I don't need to know about the Team GB cyclists' crotch blisters or the fact one of the Chinese swimmers had her period. Roll on the end of the madness and give me my proper news back!
Yikes it does sound like you got a little too much information with the olympics..like the blisters
Waaaay too much info @shaggin - I think our sports journalists would follow the athletes into the toilet and report on the colour of their poop if they could get away with it!
@chrisandmark LOL and then they would probably have someone there fishing it out trying to sell it on ebay!
Sorry you feel like that - we are loving it in our house. We don't watch everything, but what we do, we enjoy.
My mum and best friend are loving it too @JaboUK - I have sooooo little interest in it though!
@tallawah (9542)
• Kingston, Jamaica
No Jamaican could write this... for in Yard... Nothing is more important than the Olympics... (maybe the World Cup comes close)
Oh, World Cup all the way for me @tallawah - I had to smile as the very first post I read after posting this was yours about Elaine Thompson, made me realise not everyone is as down on the olympics as me!
oh yuck who w ants to know about a swimmer getting her period ,my some things should not be put on the news ugh I love watching the contestants but that kind of news is sort of gross ugh.
@sol_cee (18077)
• Bermuda
Usain Bolt, I agree, is to lust for. lol