Excursion to the centre of the island

@Meramar (2649)
After a long time, today I went with my family on an excursion. We went to a place called "Las CaƱadas del Teide" (the glens of Teide). Teide is the name which receives the highest mountain of Spain, 3718 metres high, and it's a volcano surrounded by a moonscape. On its foot, there is the cableway to lift the clients to almost the top of the volcano. The Teide is one of the biggest attractions of Tenerife, one of the seven islands which compose the Canarian Islands. I took some photos with my mobile phone and the image added is a sample of them. Riding through this incredible landscape, it seems like if you were on the moon or even on a different planet, inbetween the lava of different colors. Do you have any special places where you live?
I have been to Tenerife many times. I believe they filmed parts of Star Wars there as it does look like another planet.
@Meramar (2649)
You are right, it's a big attraction for visitors and movie productions. In which part of the island did you mostly stayed?
@Meramar We stayed in Los Cristianos - we've been there about 16 times.
@Meramar (2649)
@jaboUK That's really very often. Los Cristianos is a nice village with its harbour. In the passed, it has been an old fisher village.
@nomus24g (24455)
I live in one of the populous city of our country, but one special thing of my city is that theres a Natural park within the city, surrounded by highrise building, traffics,flyover etc ...but surprisingly the wildlife (leopards,deer,wild dogs,foxes, birds,peacocks etc stay harmoniously within the natural habitat...
@Meramar (2649)
Wildlife in the centre of a city.... it has to be a very exciting park.
@nomus24g (24455)
@Meramar indeed
I have been to Tenerife a couple of times, there are many tourists who visit the island every year.
@Meramar (2649)
That's right. The clima and the vegetation is a great attraction. The Canarian Islands offer a spring weather during the whole year, so the tourists may come any time.
@RubyHawk (28444)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Wow, I don't see anything green, I've never been away from trees and grass.
@Meramar (2649)
On the trip to the glenn, you first pass through a wood of pine trees with a special fragrance. Once you acceed to the national park, you will only see lava stones and sand. I add a second photo of the surroundings.
I like the desolate loneliness.
@Meramar (2649)
The desolate lonelines is sometimes necessary to get distance of the actual stressed life and to find the way to oneself and it helps to meditate.
@Teep11 (7121)
Seems exciting. A place where rejuvenation can take place. I'm sure there's plenty to enjoy and the scenery is amazing. Have a blessed evening.
@Meramar (2649)
Yes it is, I really love that place. Have a great evening you too.
I've been to Tenerife several times and also on the Teide. The film Planet of the Apes was shot up there.
@Meramar (2649)
That's right, the Canarian Islands in general have been already used as platform for several movies.