Leaving on a jet plane

@ElicBxn (59934)
My sister is getting married this weekend. It's not like she's ever done it before so... I think its very special. I decided to come to her wedding and made plane reservations in July. My guy friend "J" got me to the airport hours early. Then the plane that was to depart at 6:30 was delayed, not once, but twice As it turned out, I was arriving in Atlanta just after they finished boarding my connecting flight. So, tonight I'm trying to sleep in a hotel and I have to be up in four hours to head back to the airport. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
I know how frustrating this is and this the reason why I always made the reservations with the same company asking to issue a single ticket. If the delay was more than 4 hours, or you missed the connecting flight, they had to pay the Hotel room.
@ElicBxn (59934)
They did give me a hotel voucher. It was a nice place but it would've been nicer to be at my sister's.
@ElicBxn At least you did not need to pay for the hotel. I know that it's very annoying. When I had international flights from Europe to the United States and I missed the connecting flights I was furious.
@ElicBxn (59934)
@LadyDuck I was less than happy. But, as you said, at least I didn't pay for the hotel.
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
How frustrating!
@ElicBxn (59934)
It was very frustrating, but I'd've just gone right to bed when I got there, this way I was doing stuff, and getting tired enough to sleep without any trouble.