Waiting for packages

So I've ordered several things from amazon this week and one shipment includes hubby's gifts for his birthday that should be arriving today. When they come via fed ex or ups a lot of times they will knock on the door then leave. Im usually home but with the incident that had taken place over my daughter's blanket being stolen I am hoping I can catch them before they leave today and then if they could please make sure I answer the door and I will explain the situation. I understand they have deadlines to meet especially with my husband being a truck driver himself however, it only takes an extra minute to see if someone is home especially if they hear the t.v. on or A/C running or even someone talking because sometimes I maybe in my room working and not hear the door.
It would be nice if they would do that but most of them don't. It seems they just drop off the parcel and go. I, too, would be weary about it after the blanket incident. It makes it hard to trust people. I hope that you hear them when they come to the door.
Yes it does and Im usually the most forgiving person there is but once someone loses my trust like that Im done. I'll probably just do my work in the living room today so I make sure I can hear when they come.
@AutumnSnow That would be a great idea!
@CinnamonGrl (5072)
• Paradise, California
I shop almost entirely online. We are almost always home, one of us is, anyway. But they do knock and just leave most of the time. We don't have to worry much about theft, but yes they should check if anyone is around if you ask them to. In another neighborhood I lived in, a package was left leaning up against my mailbox post. When I got home from work, I saw it there and freaked out. That house had a screened porch and the delivery person didn't take the time to go put the package where it was safe. It was VHS tapes of "Gond With the Wind" and they were not cheap. Recently I had two packages from Amazon delivered the same day I'd ordered them. I guess they have a warehouse in Sacramento and these things went out immediately. Talk about spoiled!
I know what you mean. For someone like myself that doesnt get out very much being able to order online like that does make one spoiled,lol. I've never had anything happen knock on wood but then again I didn't expect something to get stolen out of dryer either.
Sorry to hear about the blanket. I wish they would try to "hide" it between doors or in a porch at least instead of just leaving it out there. Hope you caight them in time.
Usually I do and I am keeping watch since I know one shipment is coming today. It would be nice if there was a way you could get some kind of an instant messg. when their close to being there like an hour or so away.