$3.89 For A Bun And Other Fun Stuff

Last week I went to McDonalds here in my home town and ordered the usual food for @Susan2015. She likes the Fish sandwich without the tartar sauce and cheese, and while we have had several problems in the past we continued to get food there. After last week I'm a bit concerned.... I arrived home and when she opened the sandwich it was JUST THE BUN. I ended up going back to get it resolved but you would think that people would have common sense when making an order. ESPECIALLY since management confirmed the order with the cashier and the person prepping food! I went shopping yesterday and as you know I always try to have fun when I'm out. Here is what I did for fun while shopping: Pepsi has brought back Crystal Pepsi so I joked with several people that they should not get it because it was illegal due to being so close to Crystal Meth. I also poked fun at the Coke as a reason to call the police because it would be the biggest bust of a Coke dealer in years. There were others but I want to know what you do for laughs when your out and about. So What have you done for laughs?
lol no pattie! Musta been in a hurry!
@Jessiclynnt I picked the box up and wondered why it was so light. Then I looked at the sandwich and all that was there was a cold and old looking bun. After he took it back and they made me a new one, it was hot and fresh and delicious.
@Susan2015 I would have asked for a gift cert for next time to make up for the need for a repeat trip! lol
@Jessicalynnt They sent us a few of the free Dollar menu & More item coupons. Better than nothing I guess.
Whoa! What a colossal mistake on Mcdonalds part. Hopefully you noticed before you got all the way home!
@maezee Nope! I drove back to get the sandwich.,
@CinnamonGrl (5796)
• Paradise, California
LOL. I had a sleepless night and I can't think of anything laughy. I know, I lolled anyway. The post tickles my funny bone. Getting just the bun I think is some kind of Restaurant Felony.
@CinnamonGrl It is a Restaurant Bunlony! An over arching of rules!
Sounds like the fish escaped ! For laughs? Maybe you had to be there, but in the car yesterday I was trying to explain to the kids how they do need to clean, cook, do laundry and all that house stuff in order to survive on their own someday - so they won't have to go into the jungle to eat grapes with the monkeys .
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
McDonalds unfortunately is not alone with the mistakes when making food. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger at Wendy's once with nothing extra. And all they gave me was cheese and bacon, not even the burger part.
@thislittlepennyearns Hey! At least you had bacon and cheese! LOL
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Berniezeitler Yup. Those were at least tasty. I Think fast food workers just spend more time worrying about the fast part and not as much time about the food part
@Ceerios (4775)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Berniezeitler - Brother Bernie - Your question: "...what do you do for laughs when you are out and about?" My answer "I am generally out of things and about ready to be committed."
Yes, Crystal Pepsi and Coke are names that deserve a big of joking. Let's see. Just watching our dog do her silly things brings laughter her every day. Just a bun? Jeeeeeez!
@UncleJoe (8480)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I like to go down to the beach and tell out-of-town tourists about all the surprise tsunamis we get when least expected.
Lol at just getting the bun. Some people just don't have common sense or even care for that matter. It can be hit or miss when it comes to McDonald's. Sometimes just reminiscing about things in the past can make me lol. There are many. We often take walks down memory lane and laugh so hard.
Just a bun that is a most ridiculous mistake.
My husband and I say things back and forth and insult each other in joke and people around us listen. Some laugh because they realize we are joking. It never gets old.