Free diapers

Ny does a lot to help out the needy. I am not saying Ny is perfect because there are far too many going to bed homeless and hungry. However there is a diaper program going on here once a month. I do think it's a wonderful program for low income parents.
@ricki_911 (19431)
• Toronto, Ontario
How does one qualify? Is it showing your income, and what you need?. Here its harder to fraud a system hence why when I work cash I can'tput it into my bank account.
NO body can put it in the bank. even here. But the diapers you need to register with the welfare dept. They know you need them or not.
@ricki_911 (19431)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 I know here even to get food bank you need proof of income. But very much discrimination against those who don't have kids especially men, if you have kids they hand it to them and no questions asked. I borrowed my friends daughter (she's about 10), walked in they gave me three bags full of food (never asked).I went back later and showed them this, and they just stared at me because they knew they are suppose to check income,everything. Yet, when I went by myself and showed I had 0$ income, and unemployment was on strike and couldn't pay a single bill they turned me away (because people with kids need it more).
Please explain that in detail so that it can help someone living there. Where? When? How much? Etc.
I know the state of Ny has welfare office. They sign up for free diapers and fill out a paper once a month. You go in the office to pick up your diapers. To find out they need to ask a social worker at the Dept of social services.
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
Wonderful that they do that. Sounds like it should be a model throughout the country.
They had lots of parents lined up over the summer getting them.