On the menu...

Jacksonville, Florida
On the menu... I am making home-made potato salad right now. I have not made this literally in decades, I think. I just never thought about it, for some reason. As much as I like to eat food made from scratch, it kind of surprises me that it took me this long to make it, again. I was thinking about what to make for dinner tonight, and it just popped into my head. Then it hit me. Gosh... I don't think I have made this since sometime in the early, mid 90's... It's kind of funny, how some things just slip your mind. I am boiling the potatoes now. I hope they are still good. I had to cut away a few pieces from them. But I think they are okay. I think I will make mine by adding: sour cream, onions, eggs, mayonnaise, dash of mustard, pepper, chives, pinch of basil, and some Mrs. Dash. Yeah... That should do the trick. I know a lot of people put relish and/or pickles in their's...but I never liked it that way. And I know that some will add dill herb in there too. But other than eating a dill pickle...I hate dill in anything!!! It just tastes nasty to me. I am not sure what I am going to fix to go along with the potato salad, as of yet. But at least I will have that tonight...if nothing else. LOL
You can eat it with a fried egg or warm sausages or a hamburger.
I forgot the eggs!!! Thank you! I will add it. It has been so long, that I forgot about the eggs! LOL
@teresatrotter I don't mean 'in' the salad but 'with' it. Same as with sausages or hamburger.
@MALUSE - oh...Sorry... LOL - That is a good idea. However, I always add boiled eggs to my potato salad, so when you mentioned eggs, it brought the memory back to me.
It's funny how good food to you is not good food to me. I like sweet relish in mine. I also could not eat it your way with a few things you mentioned. I also have not made it in a while. I don't like cutting up the potato.
That is why there are different types of potato salad, because everyone's taste buds are different.
@teresatrotter I love that as well. I tried mrs. dash and had to toss it out. I know they sell many flavors I can't enjoy that.
@sharon6345 - Really??? You tried the original one? I have only known that one to just enhance the flavor the dish, not make it taste awful. That is odd... Sorry about that...
I haven't had that in while either, but I cant really eat much potato, so I dont mind missing out on it too much there.
I love potato salad but it has to have hard cooked eggs, celery, bits of green pepper /' shredded sharp cheddar cheese and hidden valley ranch dressing lol.
Now I love sharp shredded cheese in it too. I just have been eating so much cheese lately, I thought I would try it without it this time.
@teresatrotter yes we all get in a rut so best t o make changes occasionally
Enjoy your potato salad. I love it.
Thanks... I will.
@CinnamonGrl (5806)
• Paradise, California
Oh YUM. I haven't made potato salad in a few years. Yours sounds really good. We just have some from Safeway deli in our fridge right now. At least they had the kind with the eggs in it.
I forgot about the eggs. It has been so long, I forgot about them, so I just added them to the recipe. BTW: What's up with your email? I went to email you the other day, and the option to send you an email was removed, and I thought that you might have blocked me or something.
@Vjvals (935)
• Roseville, California
Same here haven't made in years but like making it and tasting it, yours sounds great
@Archie0 (4669)
Your salad recipe is really making me hungry. I am just out from replying to one of dinner topics where they also had potato salad. Well I need to ask do you hard boil your eggs? Well I love sour cream but my only problem is I can't store sour cream for too long as in my family we only eat sour cream occasionally and I can't afford to eat two spoons and throw the rest so any substitute?
Yes... I do hard boil my eggs. Don't worry about the sour cream. I like it because of the taste. But it will be just as good without it. You can also add your favorite things to it. I just don't like eating things the same way, so I like to try things a different way.
@Archie0 (4669)
@teresatrotter even I get bored to eat same things again and again. I will definitely give your recipe a try
@Archie0 - Let me know how it turns out.
• Bournemouth, England
It sounds almost like a meal in itself that doesn't need much to go with it.
@marsha32 (6693)
I don't like pickles so very little relish goes into mine. I'm eating on some potato salad that my middle daughter sent home for me from the smokehouse where she works. They make some mighty fine potato salad!