Time to Get This Day Started

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I've been in and out, but mostly out so far today. I started in the pool for almost two hours. Then it was a trip to Wal-Mart for a few necessary items, including a new clock radio. The one I have at the house has decided to stop working properly. Only when it wants to now. I'm not complaining, I've had that radio for over 30 years. I had to think how long I had it and my youngest was in the AWANA Cubbie program at church when I got it. So that means he was around 3-4 years old at the time and he's 38 now. So it's time for the radio to be on the old side like me, and only works part of the time now. So I got back here and tried to get the new radio to work, but it had so many buttons to click to make it work and when I tried to get the radio to play, it didn't matter what I did, there wasn't any sound coming from it. So back it went and I opted for a brand I never heard of before and the cheapest on the shelf - Onn. It's much simpler to operate. In fact I didn't need to read the directions to figure it out. So I have it playing right now while I'm working on here. I also went back to the house in between raindrops and put the garbage cans in back and came here to get started here before I need to pick my son up from the airport at 9:15 PM. So I have a few hours. On the way here I saw my granddaughter in the car next to me and with signals she came to see my new place with the kids. Gizelle wanted in my arms right away. She's so sweet. She's the one that just turned 3. Naomii wants to be on her feet walking not in anyone's arms. At least she's not crying at the sight of me anymore. She just turned 2. The picture is the two of them at their birthday party last month. So now with the radio working, cheap seems the best way to go, I'm ready to get started on my near 400 notifications. It's also been raining all day. It started when I was at the pool this morning and has only had moments when it wasn't raining. At least the temps are in the cool region finally as we make our way to fall. So that's been my day. How's yours? Thanks for reading.
the day was good.A bit tired from last night.
@sueznewz2 (8720)
• Alicante, Spain
I think sometimes these new electronic gadgets have too many buttons and functions... like you I would have gone with simple and the fact that you can use it without refering to a user manual makes it sound perfect.... , I hope this clock lasts as long as the other one....
@rina110383 (21989)
It's Sunday morning here. Yesterday and today are intended for my remote projects I'll spend my entire Sunday doing some of them.
I am home, alone this weekend, and a bit lonely. It is nice temperature, and i have doggie company at least
I want to start my day every day in the pool.. lol Mine was good. I went to services like I do every Saturday and then we came home, I took a short nap, then I turned the TV on to see a tornado had touched a couple counties from me, where my sister lives. I saw the footage and didn't recognize the area, so I'm sure my sister and her children are okay. I'm now getting ready to wind down because I have to get up early to go to the shop tomorrow morning. I also am looking into getting an alarm clock for my son. I want to get an electric one with battery back up, that way if the power goes out, it will still work.
aint those babes sweet? glad to hear that youngest'un didn't cry :) congrats'n yer new clock/radio. 'tis been eons since i've purchased such, but the last'un the aunt got nearly made's both bald, lol. too many buttons, 's ya said. with her health conditions, 'twas jest too much. the eldest son liked such, so they swapped :)
My day cost a lot of money as our central air conditioned went kaput. You have a lot of notifications.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am going to head over to Walmart Monday to get a toaster oven. I have been thinking the same thing, I want simple, easy to operate and not more than I need.
It's been a very nice relaxing day here. My manual alarm clock needs to be replaced so I will buy a cheap one.
I am so tired today other then that my day has gone good. My alarm I set twice now and it didn't work. I will adjust it one more time and if it doesn't work I will need to buy a new one. It's a phone, radio, clock and alarm combined.
• Denmark
Nearly time to pack it in in Central Europe.