Went to a nice festival / fair

Went to a festival not too far from a friend's house today. I guess, rather, yesterday really. In any case, it's the first time I've been and I rather enjoyed it. I enjoyed talking with all of the vendors, sampling different honeys and jams, and even some muscadine and Scupperong juices. I hadn't actually known of it's existence, but now that I do? I definitely want to try to make it again next year. I picked up a few jams, a beautiful necklace, some honey sticks and had a nice italian ice as well. I was tempted to buy a maple mustard but didn't, but oh was it yummy! My only question is, why does my little township never put on any kind of thing like this? I mean, all we ever do is wine festivals! Sheesh!
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I find festivals and fairs to be vastly varied, with some being uninspiring and others being very good.
This one was very quaint. It had a few attractions for the kids. Sand art, bouncy castle, water fight, even a bungee type jumping trampoline. I've not been to many fairs, so I don't have many to base things on. This one, though, was quite fun.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@ScribbledAdNauseum I bet that you ended up on the bouncy castle and in a water fight.
@YesWay (3447)
@Asylum I Bouncy castle and a water fight sounds like the best afternoon ever!
I guess it depends on a certain town's leader. Some want to keep the traditional festivals and some are willing to try new ones.
You may be right there.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Same way goes here in our town.
@RubyHawk (23609)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We have a festival during the summer. They display paintings and food for sale, and all sorts of thing.
I bet that's a wonderful place to visit. We actually have an art district downtown where we can enjoy things like that, as well as buy other handmade items.
@RubyHawk (23609)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ScribbledAdNauseum We don't go often, it's so difficult to find parking. But I love looking at all the art.
@RubyHawk There are a lot of talented artists in our world. I remember perusing a gallery before and how beautiful the pieces were. Many were abstract.
• Mumbai, India
what a good luck of your's to spend such a lovely time.
Yes, and it wasn't too unbearably hot either. I did get a bit burnt, but only on shoulders.
I know! Wish our town had festivals like the one you described too, but no. We have stupid festivals that sell ordinary food with which we are all familiar. Boring.
This was all fair food! It was really delicious. Anyone can go out and get regular food, you think festivals would be a bit more creative!
Half of the fun of going to events like this is the surprise of it. Nice that you had a great time.
Yes and got a few good and yummy food as well.
@nomus24g (22359)
must have had good fun
Yes, lots of enjoyment that day for sure.
Glad to hear you had a good time.
Been too long since I had seen that friend, so I called her up and said "we are hanging out!"
We might go to the blackberry festival tomorrow if it is not that hot outside tomorrow.
I hope you were able to attend.