Following an example

Marion, Kansas
I have mending I always put off. Today I am following the example of my friend marsha32 and I am sewing while I am online doing my online work. I may also follow her example and get a good nap. Do you do multiple things at once. I always say I cannot, but here I am. I am keeping busy with some simple mending.
• Lakewood, Colorado
What a good idea to do that Heather. Usually I am mindlessly watching tv or movie while I type serious business lolz
Watching a movie while typing takes talent! I guess we are gifted lady.
• Marion, Kansas
We do not have much on television, I used to sew at the sewing machine while watching television in a mirror. This was just buttons and a hem on two different garments that have been languishing forever.
• Denmark
How many hands have you got? How can you type and mend at the same time?
• Paradise, California
I was picturing that myself, haha.
• Marion, Kansas
@MALUSE and @CinnamonGrl it was only a couple of buttons and a hem. I would stitch while I thought, and then lay the item down to type. I read a whole lot this afternoon.
I multi-task from time to time but not usually when I'm online. Nothing else seems to fit round it.
@norcal (3270)
• Nevada City, California
I sneak in for some online time between tasks. I cook, pop online, go outside to sand on my wood project a little, pop online.
• Marion, Kansas
@norcal I find days like that to be very productive, actually. If I am running videos for points sewing is pretty easy with online. If I am researching an article, not so much.
@GardenGerty I understand now how you can mend while watching videos. That's a good idea.
There are times when I seem to be doing almost three thing at once. Watching the food in the oven, laundry and then watching TV or being on here.
• Marion, Kansas
That is how our homes seem to run.I have to set timers for the food.
I have to multi-task in order to get through the day. But, it is mostly at work that I do this. At home I do a few things at once. Right now I have laundry going, water boiling on the grill so I can make spaghetti, MyLotting, and soon I'll be slicing onions and preparing the sauce and the yellow squash.
• Marion, Kansas
I liked my 3-11 or 4-midnight shifts. Usually by 8 pm everything was done and I could get online and watch television, and pop in to move laundry.
@Hate2Iron (7325)
I'm pretty sure that I know exactly who you are referring to! With all of her projects... the woman amazes me! As for multiple things at once.. not very good at it, but I do break my day into segments.
• Marion, Kansas
She is driven and cannot stand to be idle. As she has pointed out to me though, we do different things and so our skills are different.
@CinnamonGrl (5826)
• Paradise, California
I don't multitask nearly as well as I used to. I can myLot and watch television. But even then I keep having to pause the TV or I can't take in both. Can't seem to do all my onlline activities in different tabs or I get lost. I think my head has gotten all fuzzy!
• Marion, Kansas
I do not like to have lots of tabs open. It seems to slow it all down. Yes, I would agree, I am also fuzzy
@peavey (15874)
I do mending while online sometimes (but not nearly often enough) and sometimes I knit while online. I have even tried knitting and reading at the same time. I used to do more multitasking, but any more I am lucky to do one thing, much less two!
• Marion, Kansas
I would find it more successful to watch television and sew or mend, but I do not watch television enough to get anything done. I am distracted by the clutter in my life, too.
@peavey (15874)
@GardenGerty I don't watch enough TV to make that worthwhile either. Reading isn't too bad if you have a book that will stay open without holding it. I haven't tried it with the Kindle, but that would probably work okay. The older I get, the harder it is to focus it seems.
• Marion, Kansas
@peavey I would agree with you there.
@RubyHawk (21448)
• Atlanta, Georgia
How can you mend and type on your computer? I couldn't do that.
• Marion, Kansas
It was in spurts. I just was replacing buttons on a pair of shorts, and then hemming a long dress. I will admit it took longer to do it all that way.
@RubyHawk (21448)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@GardenGerty Two birds with one stone.
@marsha32 (6779)
I almost can't do multiple things at the same time LOL It's hard for me to just do one thing.
• Marion, Kansas
You seem to always be doing something along with something else.And definitely doing something while you wait.
sometimes I can, depends on what it is. I like the idea of nap today
• Marion, Kansas
I like the idea of a nap almost any day.
@responsiveme (14414)
thats a good idea. I too do some smple household stuff the come running for themylot breaks
• Marion, Kansas
Yes, it has to be simple stuff. I like to reward myself by being in myLot.
@thelme55 (11844)
I am a multitasker. I do a lot of things while being online.
• Marion, Kansas
I used to do more than I do now.
@Yadah04 (2933)
I do try to multi task as well. As a mom, i think, i have managed to be skillful at multi tasking. Like, i am cooking, while the laundry is on, and i am doing some online work while munching my favorite snack.
• Marion, Kansas
That sounds pretty good to me. Laundry and cooking always need to be in process it seems.
@norcal (3270)
• Nevada City, California
It must by hard to sew and type at the same time.
• Marion, Kansas
I found that I was more interested in reading. It still did finally get done, but not very fast.i felt kind of laid back today.
• Rochester, New York
I multitask a lot, but have started to slow it down when I'm online. Usually I have three money earning sites going at once, but they tend to lag the computer. lol
• Marion, Kansas
That is very true and then nothing seems to get done.
@Platespinner (18532)
I myLot while watching TV (at least while watching the Olympics) and I listen to audio books whenever I'm doing anything otherwise mindless.
• Marion, Kansas
The time or two I tried to listen to audiobooks I could not follow along well. I have not tried it in a long time.