Music on the Train

@MissNikki (2696)
I love to listen to different kinds of music in my headphones while travelling on my way to work each day. Without my music to keep me sane I don't know how well I would handle the commute. I listen to all sorts of music depending on the time and my mood. Do you listen to music on your way to work or while you are travelling somewhere? I think a lot of people might do this! Photo belongs to MissNikki. Photo is of Gord Downie of great Canadian band "The Tragically Hip".
I do love music but I forget to turn it on!
@polyxena (2573)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I love listening to music almost all the time. Except when traveling. I have a problem with focusing and I'd focus on the music rather than the trip.
Hi there @polyxena what genres of music are favorite songs of yours in ?
@MissNikki (2696)
@polyxena That is understandable!
@polyxena well either you are exceptionally talented at being eclectic OR you just cannot make up on your mind as it is firing off lots of things and you truly want to just concentrate on one thing. I know the feeling , it is a challenge but often adored, I love all genres too
@azis27 (39)
• Bekasi, Indonesia
I take the public transport, and I always prepare my headset wherever I go. I really like music which has alternative genre, like, Sister Hazel, Creed, Matchbox 20, The Script and many more
I enjoy some of the old Creed songs as well @azis27
@azis27 (39)
• Bekasi, Indonesia
@enlightenedpsych2 let me guess, you absolutely know their song, entitled "with arms wide open"
@MissNikki (2696)
@enlightenedpsych2 Wow Erica, I had no idea about your brother. Makes sense that the Creed song would have a special place in your heart!
@JustBhem (44406)
• Davao, Philippines
I used to. But when I'm with the boyfriend, he don't want me because we are travelling using our scooter. He wants to talk while he is driving.
Ah well a man that wants to talk is a keeper @JustBhem
@JustBhem (44406)
• Davao, Philippines
@enlightenedpsych2 Yes. He don't want to get bored while he is driving. Thanks.
@JustBhem I understand driving can become boring and music always seems to help that feeling !
@ms1864 (6975)
• Bangalore, India
I don't listen to much music while traveling anymore but I do everyday for an hour at home just to relax...or dance around .
Hello @ms1864 so you also enjoy dancing around as a down time, relaxing exercise to great music, good to read I do too !
@MissNikki (2696)
I dance a lot when I am alone at home. LoL
I take the bus to and from work everyday so I always have my music on hand. It helps pass the time so that it doesn't seem so long. It also helps keep me awake on the morning ride in.
@MissNikki (2696)
Ohhh yes, falling asleep on the ride could be a problem. I'm always worried that if I fall asleep I will miss my stop.
@MissNikki I worry about that too.
I always listen to music when traveling here and there. Sure does make the journey more pleasant.
Yes I do especially when driving or trying to wind down from a chaotic day . , ,
@MissNikki (2696)
The train this afternoon was fairly quiet so after a couple songs I ended up turning off the music and just reading. It was nice.
@MissNikki sometimes when I do use our public transportation rail train service and I am the only one on the car besides the conductor, I peer out the window seeing what the rest of the world looks like so the radio is not even on--- but in my own car, paying attention to dumb drivers some instrumental something has to be accompanying my mindset or I will yell an obscenity or two
@MissNikki (2696)
@enlightenedpsych2 That sounds like a nice route to travel, Erica! Mine is *usually* always packed and full of annoying people
@hereandthere (33039)
i like hearing my surroundings, and i'm okay with whatever's playing on board whatever public transportation i'm on, unless it's superloud.
good answer @hereandthere "hearing my surroundings" is profound when noise from all sources and at different levels competes for our audio attentiveness
@MissNikki (2696)
If everyone on the train is silent, that is great, and I can read with no music on. If anyone is talking at all, or if I can hear someone elses music through their headphones, I have to put my own music on to drown it out. I find other people around me to be very distracting and off putting on the train. LoL.
@MissNikki true. some are inconsiderate and think they own the place. voices and personal music should not be intrusive.
@FourWalls (15836)
My iPod is going all the time in my car. PS--terribly sad about Gord Downie.
@MissNikki (2696)
Yes ... I wish we had a cure for brain cancer.
@MissNikki (2696)
@FourWalls I agree that 52 is too young, for sure. My mom was a big fan of Warren Zevon and I remember her being very upset when he passed away.
@nomus24g (25188)
I love music...mainly Retro,Country n Techno
@MissNikki (2696)
Interesting combination of genres! Love it.
@nomus24g (25188)
@VivaLaDani13 (22461)
• Perth, Australia
I don't usually have music with me when I am on a bus or train because I don't like feeling like I'm not alert enough being in public. I know that may seem weird but I get a bit uncomfortable when not all of my senses are alert. But in the car with my dad I like listening to music a lot.
@MissNikki (2696)
I am always alert visually but I hate hearing people around me being noisy and annoying. .. lol. When I am walking in the street I don't listen to my music though.
• Perth, Australia
@MissNikki Yeah I don't like it either. I don't know if it's anxiety but sometimes if I am at the shopping centre and it's too crowded, I feel a bit claustrophobic.
@MissNikki (2696)
@VivaLaDani13 That's one of the reasons I don't enjoy shopping so much.
Yes, I do listen to music on my way to work. Usually it is a playlist of hiphop songs to put me in the New York state of mind!
@MissNikki (2696)
Sounds good!