Is "Boarding Schools" are good for the children...???

Pune, India
In today's world the time management is very hard and hectic too. So most of the parents prefer their children to be in boarding schools because of their busy schedule and work load. So here the question arises that "Can boarding schools can do better than a parent for a child...". As of my concern and knowledge children do not love to be in boarding schools, may be of their tight schedule or something else that I don't know properly. Apparently boarding schools have been succeeding in giving a better future to the children but , Is boarding schools are succeeded in giving the childhood to their children too.....
@zarlamain (24525)
If they are older, sure, but if they are little kids, then it can be difficult for them.
@vandana7 (65124)
Actually, it depends upon atmosphere at home also. At times, child is safer in boarding school.
@zarlamain (24525)
@vandana7 And it depends on the parents. I for one wouldn't send my child to a boarding school before at least high school.
@vandana7 (65124)
@zarlamain ..Yes...It depends upon situation and ability of parents keep the child at home, age of the child etc. Now, suppose there is a sickly elderly person at home. Bedridden. There is enough on the hands of the lady of the house. Giving attention to a child is whole time job! If the child goes out to play...without parent watching...there is risk of pedophiles and human traffickers and kidnappers....but the other duty is also important. Under such situations it is better to send the child to boarding school and attend to the elderly who cannot do much.
Children should be with their parents when they are younger. If they want to go to a boarding school when they get older than it wold be ok.
@vandana7 (65124)
I have been in Boarding school since five and a half or so. In my case, the school was very far from my parent was working so there were no visits. That is what should not happen. Children should have visitors to check on them. Other than that, it is a great place to be.
I think that parents can do all that boarding schools do. Marriage is a 100% situation. If mom and dad both take a part in child rearing it isn't near as bad as it can be if only mom is pulling most of the load. Sure boarding schools can teach good discipline but so can parents.
@libster (168)
• Richland, Washington
If they want to go to a boarding school when they get older, I think that's fine, but the emotional hardship might outweigh any potential educational advantage otherwise.
@sprite1950 (14119)
• Corsham, England
I personally would not have wanted my children to be in a boarding school. Educationally the results might be good but what about the love and emotional support that most of us need? I had children because I wanted to be around them. I used to fret when they went on school trips so I cannot imagine what I would have been like if they were away from me most of the time. However I daresay there are children who like it and positively thrive from being there,
• Pune, India
Boarding schools do not necessarily guarantee a better future, but yes it's discipline can ensure more productive, or ganized and responsible children.