OLD MAN winter is JUST around the CORNER

@sugartoes (33898)
Greencastle, Indiana
I SURE hope everyone is thinking about the winter season that's just around the corner for us northerners, that means GET READY. Get your fire wood up & get your wood burner ready to use, get all your winter clothes washed get the pet house's set up if their outside pets, get the auto serviced for the roads & weather. Start your winter shopping for snow ins that's known to happen from time to time now & then get your summer yard tools ready to be put up lawn mowers & weed eaters & 4 wheelers, boats. There's a lot of things to get done before winter so that's why it's ALWAYS A good thing to get things ready NOW before winter gets to you, so watch the video on how to get yourself ready. Thank you for your comments photo by pixabay > ice-596327_960_720
Sensible Prepper Presents: Winter Storm Preps. Let the Winter Storm Season get you ready for being prepared. Power Outages and Limited Travel can make for to...
That is so depressing :( Makes me sad to know that it is just around the corner. I am going to get one last camping trip in before I start preparing for what it coming. Winter seems to last so long. Each year I grow to dislike it more and more.
I hate winter. I'm actually a member of a FB group called "We hate winter" hahaha
@NJChicaa Oh really! I will have to check that one out. I will fit right in.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Happy2BeMe yeah I can see why too in Canada I think I would too @NJChicaaOH LORD really? that's TOO funny
Aren't you forgetting about the season before winter, autumn? We've got a few months before we need to be stocking up for any potential winter storms I think.
Yes, let us have our Fall first.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Juliaacv no I haven't forgot about that but you never want to be caught with out things at the last min either so you getting it done A HEAD of everyone else will sure not be a bad thing as I'm doing NOW.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina you can but while your having it you can get things ready
@Dena91 (3621)
I am so ready for it!!!
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Dena91 I SURE hope so cause it could be the worst one yet
@CinnamonGrl (5637)
• Paradise, California
We wish it was anywhere close to winter here. We don't have hard winters like you do, though. It doesn't snow much and when it does it usually isn't much. One year there were 3 snowstorms on top of each other and it wreaked havoc because the town doesn't bother preparing, lol.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@CinnamonGrl yeah I remember that one so it NEVER hurts to be prepared.
It is still summer! I can't even think about winter.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@NJChicaa well you better cause it won't be long it's gonna be here & you gonna have to get things ready before everyone else jumps on the ban wagon & takes things you can't find & won't be in in time to get think a head & be safe.
Yes, winter is right around the corner, and coming fast if the falling temps aren't anything to go by, then maybe the earlier darker days is a good indication it's coming fast.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him here the acorns & leaves are changing & falling is a good sign too.
@sugartoes Nothing is changing colors yet. We're still quite green.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him hum wonder why? cause we sure changing here.
And that's why I love the desert, winter shouldn't come round til MAYBE January and then it only lasts about a month and snow in's???? not here, Whew, what a relief. We have started our second seesaw season early tho so maybe winter will come round earlier as well ..... come to think of it we got spring weather really early this year too, it started in February so maybe we'll get winter in December this year then we'll head on to spring in late January. The climate worldwide has been a changin.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@rebelann so as you see there's really NO TELLING what can happen year to year
I'm gonna pray we don't get snow @sugartoes we got a little in January this year and that's enough for me.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@rebelann ha ha ha yeah I seen that, but just to be on the safe side we never know what the weather will do I'd have my ducks in a row.
@Bluedoll (17152)
Are you trying to kill me? The very thought of another winter is killing me. Oh well more time for computer activity I guess.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Bluedoll ha ha ha no I'm not I just thought that it'd be a good idea to get things out of the way so it's done before the cold gets here cause I HATE the cold & hate doing what needs to be done in the cold so while it's warm & easy to work in it's a good time to get your food built up your fuel & clothes all ready & what ever else you can do while you can.
@Bluedoll (17152)
@sugartoes I usually leave everything till the last minute. When I was heating with wood and needed to bring garden things in etc I was busy but now tend to wait till the last minute which is not good.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Bluedoll NO it's not good cause one day you gonna wish you had of learned NOT to wait till the last day or time to do things.
@VivaLaDani13 (16131)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I sat and stared at the picture you posted with this for awhile. Just looks nice. Makes me wish I could walk through it.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 ha ha ha yeah it is NICE but is COLD as all get out if you get out in it like we have to at times but yes it is nice to look at.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Can you touch snow without gloves or will you get frost bite straight away? I know that may sound like a dumb question but as you know, never been around it before.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 yeah you can touch it & play in it as long as you don't play in it too long without the right clothes on & touching it you can for a little while WITHOUT gloves on but not TOO LONG.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I have already started getting ready for winter. While I was at the storage shed yesterday I pulled out most of my winter clothes. We usually don't have a bad winter here like what I have been used too most of my life.I have to remind my son to clean his gutters cause that is one thing he does forget at times.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 well just make sure you watch the video to catch up on somethings you MIGHT forget to do & get things in order while you can.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes I will. I still keep a box of needed items in my trunk. Hat, scarf, gloves, blanket, matches, boots, ect. One never knows when they will need them.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 your so right with the way people drive now days who knows what could happen these days
This reminds me that we have to buy new chains for the tires, we have changed the car, the tires are bigger.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck yeah that would be a GREAT thing to have on hand I have good news on here
@sugartoes Here, it is mandatory to have them in the trunk of the car from the end of October until the end of March.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck that's a good thing wish there was a lot of states that made it that way.
@HazySue (16697)
@sugartoes I am certainly looking forward to winter. I love the cooler weather. Too bad we don't get the snow here in Florida.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@HazySue oh you will cause the last 2 winters it's snowed there just NOT like it does up here so be GLAD you don't get what we do.
@HazySue (16697)
@sugartoes true we don't get the snow you do. I used to live up by the Canadian border and loved the snow
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@HazySue yeah we get some pretty good snow here but not as much as Canada & other places do thank god but I just hate the length of the winter. 6 mos
Where I live winter is welcomed with open arms and there isnt much to do since it doesnt get bad here. I remember rough winters from when I lived in NY though.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies yeah I know fla don't get hit like we do up here but you can NEVER tell what it's going to do no matter where you are it's ALWAYS good to be safe than sorry. I have good news on here.
@ilocosboy (32230)
why that is called old man winter?
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ilocosboy you know if I could tell you that I'd be rich right now ha ha ha
Old man winter hits you hard then he vacations in sunny California which needs some of his winter.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JohnRoberts well you can SURE have what we get I'm not greedy ha ha ha
I am so ready for winter. We get a lot of snow up here in the mountains. We got 8 inches on Halloween in 2014. I love snow.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@CaseyRoss9966 I don't MIND the snow as long as I don't have to be on the roads in it
@sugartoes My college is between two of the biggest ski slopes in NC so the roads here stay clear when it snows so people can get to the ski slopes.
@sugartoes (33898)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@CaseyRoss9966 your lucky our roads don't get CRAP in the country.