How I Met My Spouse!

About 22 years ago I was working on a farm and my spouse started coming for milk.He heard a rumor about me and was curious. Well when I first met him he reminded me of my ex husband that I had recently left after being together for nearly 12 years and having 3 children with, my ex was abusive. Well anyways his looks reminded me of him and my spouse said when he first met me he thought I was a stuck up! So we didn't get off to a very good start, but he kept coming around and he talked about how he would go to this bar and sing karaoke "Elvis" style. I thought to myself yeah he's dreaming thinking he sounds anything like "Elvis". So I decided to go to the bar and find out for myself. Well, did I have an attitude adjustment. He sings like "Elvis" no doubt. If my jaw could have dropped to the floor it certainly would have. There was a standing ovation and the people wanted him to sing some more, which he did. I fell in love actually it was (lust) he sang "Are You Lonesome Tonight" We danced and spent the whole night together and from that point on we were together pretty much every day to this day which makes it 22 years as of July 16, 2016 our anniversary! I attribute staying together all these years to our mutual love relationship with Jesus Christ.How did you meet your spouse?
@1hopefulman (28461)
Happy anniversary! That's a nice story. "Are You Lonesome Tonight" and "Falling In Love With You" are two of my favorite Elvis songs. Does your hubby have any videos on YouTube of him singing. Do you still go to bars?
»» LYRICS HERE «« »» LYRICS HERE «« Are you lonesome tonight, Do you miss me tonight? Are you sorry we drifted apart? Does your memory stray to a brighter su...
He had one video but gave it to a little girl who loved Elvis and was dying of cancer. He only sings a little to me once every so often. He's getting ready to retire and I hoping and praying he'll pick up the singing again as we have a great karaoke machine. We'll see what happens I'll let you know. No we quit going to bars 21 years ago we gave our lives to Jesus Christ. And have been happily ever after!
@1hopefulman (28461)
@Butchcass4 Wonderful!
Studio 1967, Nashville Written by Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rodgers in 1945
@1hopefulman Thanks for posting that song. I liked Elvis when I was a little girl. I would kiss the TV, but as I got older I liked listening to other kinds of music. I used to hang out at the bars and dance, but that lifestyle stopped when I gave my life to Jesus! He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be...
@nomus24g (22935)
that's great
Thank you very much for reading my discussion!
@Butchcass4 you and yours are certainly soul mate. Congrats on all those years and hope you have many more. My hubby and I met when I brought my mom back to her homeland Latvia. We discovered that we too are soul mates. That is why I stayed here in Latvia but I so want to return to the states one day. My hubby and I have been together since 1994.
@RasmaSandra Where is Latvia compared to the United States? You've been together 22 years too, congrats!
So he ended up being the man of your dreams and you lived happily ever after. That is a great story of how you met.
Yes we are happy! We grew together over the years and we've had our ups and down's but we respect each other and when we've mistreated each other we're not afraid to say so and ask each other to forgive. He has never cheated on me and he is a man of his word. I learned to trust him as my ex husband was unfaithful and abusive so it took awhile for me to trust as I said we've had our ups and downs and with the Lords help we have stayed together all these years. I can't wait til our 25th Wedding Anniversary, we've got 3years to go, should the Lord tarry!
@Hate2Iron (7858)
What a great story!! I met mine through a blind date! Yes, sometimes they do work out!
And how long have you been together?
I met my X at the Navy command we were stationed at. It wasn't love at first site, but we eventually got together. Our marriage lasted 21 years before coming to a halt.
I am so sorry that your marriage ended after all that time. I don't know what I would do if my husband ever up and left me. I can say I don't believe he would ever do something like that to me, but I'm not God I don't know the future. Who would've thought after 21 years that yours would end? It's hard to believe and again I am so sorry. How long ago did your marriage end? Do you have support?
I was staying in a hotel and this chap came up to me in the bar and said "I'm going to drink until you look good to me"! I thought it was so funny, and he's still making me laugh 53 years later.
@sallypup (27106)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Elvis. Pretty funny. I met my hubby in a university dorm. He tried to trip me and it went from there.
This is such a sweet memory to share with us. So glad you have been together for the long haul! I met my husband the second day of my freshman year in college. It was the startling blue eyes that did it, plus he was so sweet. 44 years later, still sweet and still has those blue eyes!
What a beautiful love story. I am glad that you met the love of your life. I met my fiance on an online dating site five years ago. I was married for 20+ years. It was not a good relationship. I had two beautiful children with him and when my son left for college I moved out. My only regret is that I didn't leave sooner. After that I was alone quite a few years. I really didn't want another man in my life. Then my friend talked me into joining the dating site. I was hesitant at first but then I figured why not? It would give me somebody to talk to online to pass the time. I was on the site maybe 10 minutes and the man who would become my fiance started talking to me. He was the one and only guy I talked to on that site. We talked for a bit and then we agreed to meet for coffee the next day. We lived in the same city. I wasn't going to go and my daughter convinced me that I should at least meet for coffee. It's not like I was going to marry him or anything. All the way there I had to talk myself out of not turning around and going home. When I got there is was standing outside the coffee shop. He had never seen a picture of me because I hadn't put a picture on my profile. His first words to me where "Wow you are beautiful." There was an instant connection. We got along great. It was as though I had known him all of my life. We talked until 2am in the morning and I had to work at 8am. The next day he called me at work and I invited him over for dinner. We deleted our profiles on the dating site that evening and we have been together ever since. He knows how to make me smile and we have so much fun together. I have never been happier in my life. We have had our share of ups and downs but we always get through them holding hands, stronger then we were before. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. He proposed to me last Christmas and we are getting married next summer. He has never been married before. He said he never met anybody he wanted to marry until he met me. We are both 53. So that's our love story!
@AkoPinay (11809)
I haven't met him yet I'm happy for you!