Why My Tomato Sandwiches HAVE TO BE TOASTED.

@Hate2Iron (7345)
I was just going through some of my comments a few minutes ago and Marie @Tampa_girl7 mentioned the fact that she loved tomato sandwiches. I had just been talking about having to go out and pick them when I thought of the tomato sandwiches that my mom used to make and pack in my lunch box. Every lunch hour I would open lunch to find soggy tomato sandwiches. I hate soggy sandwiches but I don't know if I ever told her?? Even to this day, I can't eat slices of tomato between buttered bread. The bread HAS TO BE TOASTED. It's funny the things that pop into your mind when you least expect it. Just one more story to add to my family tree!! tomato sandwiches, memorie
@MKAlubs (374)
I so, so, so, so, so agree with you!
@Hate2Iron (7345)
I can't think of anything more disgusting lol!
lol I use to get those soggy tomato sandwiches in my lunch too. I never said I didn't like them I just ate whatever she packed for me. I am the same way today. If I have a tomato sandwich it has to be toasted. I can't eat it if its not.
@Hate2Iron (7345)
I don't think that I ever said anything to mom either. I would have preferred putting the tomatoes on myself if that's all we had lol!
I used to eat tomato sandwiches all the time when I was younger but now I don't like the taste of mayo and I think it is weird to just put tomato on bread by it's self. I don't care for tomatoes as much as I use too.
@Hate2Iron (7345)
I don't like a lot, but I do like a little... and pepper too now that I think about it!!
It tastes better when it is not soggy for sure. Mayo with this?
@Hate2Iron (7345)
for sure!! :)
yes,also try if you can not to use over ripe tomato.People think that they need to be ripe. Hard tomato is fine.Better tasty and crunchy
@Hate2Iron (7345)
I think that I would have preferred that!!
Yep, a soggy sandwich of any kind is pretty unappealing. I remember we ate a lot of baloney sandwiches for lunch at school. We suffered from baloney overload. Peanut butter too.
@Hate2Iron (7345)
lol... the things that we remember!!
@CinnamonGrl (5796)
• Paradise, California
No kidding, soggy sandwiches are impossible! And you made me want a tomato sandwich. Bacon and tomato.
@Hate2Iron (7345)
Guess what we had for dinner lol! And yes, it was toasted! ;)
• Portland, Connecticut
I hate soggy sandwiches too but love a fresh tomato sandwich with mayo and untoasted bread.