Shopping around saves money.

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
I do not enjoy shopping for food because most of the time I find it boring. As I live on a tight budget, I have to find bargains every week. So I make the chore of going shopping more interesting by shopping around for the best deal. Take this morning for example, I brought some fresh broccoli for 50p in one supermarket. Then I went to another supermarket where the same amount of broccoli would have cost £1.50. So it does pay to shop around if you can.
@jasonhack (136)
• Zottegem, Belgium
It does. And its a great way to save money @millie02
@millie02 (6908)
It is surprising how much you save when you add it up.
• Zottegem, Belgium
@millie02 yes thats true and thats something every one looks for to save money @millie02
@zarlamain (24525)
Way to go! Yes, it does.
@millie02 (6908)
How do you save money on your shopping?
@zarlamain (24525)
@millie02 I use coupons, gift cards, compare prices.
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
we shop at the cheapest place we can, cause we're on a fixed income so we have to really work with the way we shop for things. cause of the gas it takes to go to place from place & not back track to shop.
@millie02 (6908)
Travelling costs can make the shopping more expensive.
@sishy7 (27647)
Wow! That's a great bargain! Yeah, we have this one fresh market where they put vegetables and fruits on clearance and we often find good bargain in that section...
@millie02 (6908)
Markets are good places to find bargains on fresh produce.
It certainly does. I usually do that too. As long as the stores are close together because it just doesn't pay if you have to burn a lot of gas to get from one place to another. We have a local vendor here who always has awesome deals on veggie and meat so I go there first and then what I can't get there, I get else where.
@millie02 (6908)
I am lucky in that I can walk to the local shops, saving even more money.
@egdcltd (6704)
It's worthwhile using Asda's online price comparison tool as well. I often get money back vouchers from them (although the more you spend, the less likely you are to get a refund). Unfortunately, Asda don't comapre with Aldi and Lidl.
• New Delhi, India
Sometimes it does
shopping from a supermarket or a wholesale retailer is always cheaper
We always check out the specials especially in the meat department. We decide what we'll have depending on what we can pick up in the way of discounted meat. If it's a really good deal we might buy extra and freeze what we can't use for use later. It makes food shopping more interesting too - as you say.