Dancing With the Stars

@UncleJoe (4916)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I can assure you that my “Dancing-With-the-Stars” had nothing to do with the popular television by the same name. I was doing that long before that program was thought of. I’m talking about trying to dance while SEEING stars. That happened a lot back in my drinking days when maintaining balance was a full time job. I must have hit my head several times that night out at the local youth center. That was because I passed out and fell head over heels down two flights of stairs. I remember seeing lots of stars then. The good news was that they were holding a Break Dancing contest that evening and I won 1st prize. I knew alcohol improved my dancing but I never expected that. For some reason, a few beers used to help me keep better time to the music. It only became frustrating when I would be in perfect step and everybody else in the line dance was off. Luckily, I knew not to overdo it with the booze. I always knew it was time to get off the dance floor when other dancers started stepping on my hands. I don’t know which I miss most. Drinking, dancing, or just making a complete fool of myself.
@vandana7 (50356)
So you want us to decide what you are missing? 'MAKING A COMPLETE FOOL OF YOURSELF"
@Pass12 (1007)
I thought of the reality show only when I read "dancing with the stars" :p
@ramapo17 (10851)
• Melbourne, Florida
Me too @Pass12.
lol that story made me laugh out loud this morning.
@louievill (12110)
Getting too drunk is voluntary madness
@ramapo17 (10851)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am sure he paid for it the next day.
You are too funny, always a treat reading about your 'adventures'.
LOL well I am glad that you enjoy making a complete fool of yourself. I am the opposite so I do not go to the bars. I wake up the next morning regretting how I acted and it stays with me for years.
• Olney, Illinois
Well, I should have known better...I thought this would go in an entirely different direction, and have something to do with the enjoyment of star-gazing. Good one.
Another classic only a former drinker would understand lol.
• Portland, Connecticut
lol Oh for the days of youth lol
lol prob a bit of all 3
@LoriAMoore (8241)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Everybody's a good dancer when they're drinking. LOL! I'm thinking those times you hit your head explains a few things about you. Hahaha