A Fist Fight at a Funeral? Really???

A few days ago, my church family lost a good friend. He was one of our Sunday School teachers and he was a very kind and positive man. He and his wife were always so sweet together. They would hold hands while singing in church and I loved the way she looked at him with pride and happiness when he stood up to testify. They were always so supportive to each other. They were a great example of what a healthy relationship should be like. We had his funeral today and while the service went well, the burial did not go as planned. I left after the service and didn't go to the burial but I was told that a fist fight took place. Apparently his daughter who only visited him at Christmas (her loss) felt the need to cause a big argument and several people started fighting. I was so furious when I found out. I can't even imagine his wife's heartache and pain after seeing this take place while she's trying to peacefully lay her husband to rest. How selfish and inconsiderate can people get? I hope they at least have a shred of decency left to go and apologize to the family members for their ridiculous behavior...
that is really rude and disgusting behavior at a burial site sorry to hear people can be so mean and thoughtless too.
I was so upset when I found out. I'm sad for the wife. She didn't need that. :-(
@Hatley I am pretty certain in your respectable upbringing this sort of behavior was curtailed at such outings, I mean child rearing was more effective when learning respect and all
@enlightenedpsych2 yes it reall y was for one thing my parents resp;ected me and taught me to respect them and elderly people too
This is so sad. I can imagine how upsetting this had to be for the departed man's wife. Yes, an apology is in order.
I certainly hope they are adult enough to apologize... :-(
That is so sad that is something that the wife will think of every time she thinks of her husband I bet. I think of the look of my husband laying in the casket and unconscious in a hospital bed anytime I picture him. I have PTSD from it.
I'm so sorry to hear that. That must be very hard. Have you tried getting a notebook and writing down favorite memories you have of him? Then when you start to think of him you can go through that book and remember the good times...
@missjessicadawn pssst that is a great idea and hope this kind of therapy advice could help anyone even those that suffer from PTSD
Oh @shaggin I am so sorry that grief took over you in such a debilitating manner
What a shame!
Yes. It's awful. :-(
Sorry for your loss and prayers to the family after such sickening behavior. I have learned where there is people something stupid is bound to happen.
This is true. That's why I'm more of a "stay-at-home" kind of person. I don't like being out and about with people.