Do you find water soothing?

Centralia, Missouri
Do you find water soothing? I do, rushing, roaring, running, it's a way I stay calmer and in control of my mind. No, not being trite, with panic attacks and mood issues, I have issues with this. Sometimes picturing running water helps me distance myself a bit from what I am feeling to help give me a little space to breathe. But I am curious, does this help anyone else?
I do, but I'm in water so much (sometimes hot water LOL) that maybe it doens't calm me like it used to. I would prefer sitting on a dock in South Carolina smelling the salt water but those days are over. So I'll paddle around the pool and enjoy Ruby enjoying the water.
the sea is amazing, I know live near has possible weather issues, but I want too
@Jessicalynnt We are in land-locked state so the sea is a long ride.
@AbbyGreenhill we arent but...still about 4 hours in a car away
@sallypup (28507)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It must cause we travel long distances to get to water- little seaports in particular.
good point many people do, so it must be something that affects many
I understand you. I feel claustrophobic if I am too far from the ocean. I need my water. Running water calms me. Crashing waves lull me to sleep.
@sueznewz2 (10141)
• Alicante, Spain
Nice photo...
• Walnut Creek, California
Absolutely! Babbling water in a mountain stream. The sound of the ocean. Even a calm lake.
@sueznewz2 (10141)
• Alicante, Spain
I like running water too, streams rivers... the ocean and the sound and sight of rain... I enjoy them all and also find watching and / or listening to them very relaxing ....
I find water very soothing
@Rohvannyn (3117)
It does, sometimes, as a good distraction from the tricks my mind likes to pull. The sound of the rain on the roof is also soothing, as is that heady, green, loamy smell of the rain.
Yes it can be very soothing.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
I love the sound of water falls,when im in the beach, l can sit for hours just watching the water
I like to look at body of water but not being on it too much.
I love to watch the running water and for me is very easy, I look outside my window and I see the little brook running outside.
@puddleglum (1415)
I like the idea of picturing running water. I have a stress/pain/anxiety management exercise that involves saying soothing words. Some of those words involve water like "ocean," "seaside," and "stream."
I hadn't thought about this really. I do know the photo of the canoe on the river always makes me feel more peaceful.
@hereandthere (32762)
i think that's a good idea, picturing running water to calm you down. i would like to be able to see the water from a distance, but i can't sleep when i hear waves, though. i do know i'd rather do water chores like dishes and laundry, than cooking and ironing.
I have learned from a talk show a long time ago that water calms everybody. That's why some people would place a fountain like device inside their room to help them sleep.
yes it does for me too and before I ended up using a walker I would go down to Newport beach and just walk along the Pacific calming soothing or sit on a breaker and watch the sailboats and see the little tide pools. back in South Dakota we use to go fishing in a stream in the black hills the scenery the creek and mountains very soothing thinking about water does that now for me.
@patgalca (14601)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I have a sound machine that has different sound settings on it. My favorite is the sound of the waves on the beach (or not on the beach really, just ocean waves). Trickling water, I'm afraid, may make me have to go to the bathroom. LOL! But the sound machine really helps me get to sleep, I just don't feel I can use it when hubby is home. He'll be away next week so hopefully I will remember to use it every night because I fall asleep within 5 minutes with it on.