Been anticipating this weekend all month :-)

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
And it is finally here! Yes, I have been anxiously awaiting it, because I have the entire weekend off. I don't have to haul sound equipment out anywhere. I can just sit around and not do anything. Well, that's not exactly true...I do still have to bow and kowtow to The Evil Demon Spawn Scar. But I don't have to load tons of equipment into Creeper Van™ and go set up somewhere and not get home until 2:30 in the morning like last weekend...or 9:30 in the morning, as happened two weekends ago. (The first weekend, I was home by 11:00 that night, but that was still past my bedtime. ) I did have a small 'rush' job last night for a dance, but that was to only supply three pieces of gear, and it was only for a couple of hours. But now I have the Entire. Weekend. Free. This is especially pleasant after working at the house Boss is rehabbing all week. And yes, it is raining...but that is okay, because the roof got fixed finally and now I can sit and watch TV (if that is what I choose to do) without having to empty the water containers every few hours. It would almost be perfect if I could only convince Scar to let me sleep past 4 AM. Oh well...I still have the weekend off.
Awww, scar having insomnia problems? Glad your roof got fixed, I didn't even think you would have a roof problem
• Olney, Illinois
He usually starts in about 2:30-3:00 every morning..."Hey...dude...get up...I heard a noise outside...I need to go see what it is...hey...dude...hey... DUDE GET UP I WANNA GO OUT!
@JolietJake hahahaha so that's why doesn't he slip through the window or doggie door something like that? or you prefer him asking your permission before leaving
• Olney, Illinois
@Letranknight2015 I don't have a doggie door because I don't have a dog, and the windows are all screened. He is only allowed outside on a lead.
@nomus24g (18304)
and am sure Scar is not liking the fact that u r at home, whole of weekend
• Olney, Illinois
Actually he is ecstatic, it means he won't be shut up inside the house all day.
@nomus24g (18304)
@JolietJake that's good then
@pgntwo (20199)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Lazy weekends...
• Olney, Illinois
I even have time for a second cup of coughee today...maybe even a third.
@pgntwo (20199)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake Seek enjoyment where you can :)
A well-deserved weekend off it is!!! Scar sure is an early riser for heaven's sake!
• Olney, Illinois
A consistent early riser. And a persistent one as well.
@dodo19 (29203)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice that you have the whole weekend free. It must be nice. I hope you enjoy it.
• Olney, Illinois
This turned into an especially busy month, the break was needed.
@PainsOnSlate (19771)
Enjoy your weekend and put scar in a cage - oh never mind, the noise would be distracting... I get to meet up with a cousin and his wife across the border because they don't have passports ( I miss the days before 9/11 when all you needed is a drivers license or photo ID to cross the border...) Haven't seen this guy in YEARS, we used to visit often when we were young and out parents were still alive...
• Olney, Illinois
There are a couple of odds and ends I need to do around the house (tracking some electric problems and stuff) but I may put them off and just spend the weekend reading and relaxing, other than letting Scar in/out every three minutes.
Hope you've enjoyed/are enjoying your free time. I would hate to have a roof leaking here. It would mean major problems.
• Olney, Illinois
It got pretty bad before I finally convinced Dad it needed fixed before the ceiling collapsed. Unfortunately, the contractor was a shady character and didn't uphold all of his promises....but at least it isn't leaking now.
@lealuvy2j (1990)
We have a long weekend here in Manila meaning we have Monday off so I have also been anticipating this weekend. Although now that Saturday is about to be over and mostly I just mylotted and rested my foot because of a sprained ankle but still I feel this is going to be a great weekend. I am always happy to hear people appreciating what they have which is why I am posting this. I wish your weekend would continue to be great.
• Olney, Illinois
I do have one thing to do...I've been so busy this week I haven't gone grocery shopping yet.
lol, you really dont have any time off, as Scar expects round the clock attendance
Nice! Enjoy your totally free weekend!
Good morning. You deserve a down weekend without any plans after busting your grass at the reno house this week. Enjoy your time off resting. My husband told me that he wanted us to go up to our son's place for the weekend so that he could finish the puttying and sanding, but I put my foot down and told him no way, I am not giving up my entire weekend to their reno project-again. So we're staying home.
@skysnap (17489)
Enjoy your weekend.
@Mike197602 (13375)
• Worcester, England
I'm looking forward to the weekend after next as I don't have to work. Until then I'm working every day and mostly splits which is a pain. This working lark is hard Glad I don't have any pets to worry about, although I've had to go across town everyday for the last week to look after my sisters cats