Friday - brunch

@ElicBxn (60895)
I hadn't been at my sister's long when it was time to go eat. We went to a place called Tupelo Honey's. Joining us at the restaurant were not only my sister, her soon to be wife and her sister, but also my niece and a niece-in-law and nephew of hers. I was dropped off since there wasn't any nearby parking. I was met by my niece who had just arrived and rented a car. Before the rest could join us, the nephew and niece came in as well. Since my niece and I had never met them, we managed to realize that they were the rest of the party and were chatting when the others joined us. The menu was rather corn heavy, Southern cook is like that, but I found something to eat and had a very nice mojito. When we finished, I waited while someone came to pick me up. One small problem, I was forgotten... I waited, and waited... saw the nephew and his wife go by... and waited... Because I was forgotten, I had to go to the airport to pick up the rest of the family. My sister loaned her car to the family so there were 2 cars for the 8 family members - the other two nephews and wives, one had also brought along their two - nearly grown - children. There were 3 other great-nieces who couldn't come. After dropping them off at the hotel, we returned to their place to pick up the decorations to decorate the venue that afternoon.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sounds like a wonderful day. Family events always mean surprises, last minute change of plans, etc. Love sustains us.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I think my sister's new wife has a lovely extended family.