Conway Twitty: The Real King of country music.

Banks, Oregon
Conway Twitty was the king of country music, in the 70's and, 80's, much like George Strait is today. I have been listening to a lot by Conway lately and, he really was the best, nobody has a voice quite like him really, he was one of my Grandpa's favorite too, along with Johnny Cash, funny thing is Conway actually started out as a rocker. I have never heard any of his rock, but that's what Gramps said. Some of my favorite Conway Twitty songs are That's my job, Tight fittin jeans, I'd love to lay you down, Slow hand, Hello darling and, kiss an angel good morning.
I like it when Peter Griffin cuts away to Conway Twitty on Family Guy.
lol yeah, that was pretty funny.
@FourWalls (14635)
@teamfreak16 - That was a hoot, despite the fact that I absolutely loathe "You've Never Been This Far Before."
• Perth, Australia
@teamfreak16 yay someone else saw Family Guy do this lol
I do remember him well.Maybe there is some hidden on the rock t here?
He was awesome, wish he was still around.
@FourWalls (14635)
1. Roy Acuff was the King of Country Music. 2. Conway was a rocker. He was inducted into the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.
"It's Only Make Believe" is a song written by Conway Twitty and Jack Nance, released by Twitty as a single in 1958. The single topped both U.S. and British n...
I never heard of Roy Acuff. I love Conway Twitty though and, thanks for sharing.
@FourWalls (14635)
@TRBRocks420 -- really, you've never heard of Roy Acuff? Wowza, I'm old. He was the first country singer I ever met (when I was eight). Dizzy Dean tagged Roy with the nickname "the king of the hillbillies," and, as Ernest Tubb was spearheading a campaign to do away with the term hillbilly (which Tubb felt was derogatory), they changed it to "King of Country Music." Acuff was the fourth person, and first living person, ever inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, in 1962. Oh, and Roy recorded "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" about 30 years before Willie Nelson did.
@FourWalls Very interesting and, I might have heard him, but I don't recognize the name. I do remember Ernest Tubbs though.
@RubyHawk (28240)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I liked Conway Twitty, he and Loretta Lynn did some songs together. She is one of my favorites too, I read somewhere that she still does tours. I heard an interview with her son on TV sometime ago.
Yes, he's a good one and, Loretta too. I also heard she still tours, she's actually from Oregon too.
@RubyHawk (28240)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@TRBRocks420 I loved her movie,"Coal Miners Daughter. She and Moonie worked hard to give her a start in the business.
My parents listened to a lot of Conway Twitty when I was growing up so I became a fan. I always like the uniqueness of his voice. He sang with so much emotion too. Loretta Lynn and him were so good together too. I liked all of the songs you have listed. My favorite was tight fitting jeans. I listen to his music often on YouTube.
My Grandparents loved them, my Grandma used to sing Karaoke to Loretta Lynn, that was her favorite.
@TRBRocks420 my mom loved Loretta Lynn too. She is just so down to earth.
@VivaLaDani13 (21556)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 I like Conway. I didn't really know about him until Family Guy kept throwing him into their shows. But I liked his voice / songs straight away. Since I love country music anyway.
Good to see another fan and, funny you learned about him from family guy, but also cool though.
Conway Twitty was one of my favourite country singers too. I always thought the name was a bit strange but there are worse.
He's a good one and, yeah the name is a bit different.
When I was a waitress at the waffle house I remember those playing all the time on the Juke box, I bet I could sing them all. I would love to hear him rock out!!!
Same I think I know every song by heart. Grandpa used to play the 8 tracks all the time.
@ilocosboy (35610)
Me too, I love his songs, well I am happy with his name Conway Twitty-- sounds kiddy.
Yeah, he is a legend.
@crossbones27 (20780)
• Redlands, California
I did not know that, pretty interesting he used to be a rocker. Grand Pa's know everything. lol
Yeah, I never knew either, will have to try to find some of his rock music.