I need a new doctor.Fed up with the one I got

Good afternoon.This has been going on so long.I need to get off the wagon. Had him for so many years and time for me to move on. Why am I taking so long.Because I do not know how to handle this. Been asking this around and no help. Fed up.Tired of telling this is mostly of my age. Fine,I did not come here to talk about my age. Came to get help with the medical issues that I have. Every time we discuss,Mr.Rossi your 86.Okay,but tired of hearing it. Right now I am having a hard time to find one. I would love to find a good woman doctor. Never had one.They say that the men's should get a woman primary. Okay,I am game. What would you do? photo is public domaine
I think the Doctor is saying it is age related and does not care what it is. That is not right.
@jstory07 yes,getting fed up on this about the age.
@bunnybon7 (35546)
• Holiday, Florida
exactly
I agree with you, good luck finding a suitable doctor, they're hard to find.
@Juliaacv thank you.I know it is going to be a chore there.Will see
• Pleasant Hill, California
Going through the same basted process.
Many times I have prefered to spend more money going to a pravate doctor when I find that the doctor I should go to does not meet the requirements. It happened that way years ago, a doctor decided I had nothing so I went to another. After all tests were made, I had a lymphoma. I needed chemo and would not be here if I had stayed listening to the first doctor.
@marguicha good for you.Are you okay now?
@amadeo I´m on remission. That can mean anything. But noone lives forever. So now I go frecuently on holidays and have as much fun as I can
If not satisfied with a doctor, I would definitely change. I would probably ask family and friends to recommend a doctor they really feel is a good one.
@Corbin5 that is sort of funny.I have asked around and most of them themselves do not care for there Dr.Go figure
@amadeo Oh dear. Sometimes we just have to find a doctor in the phone book, a lady one for you, and just give them a try.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@amadeo Where have all the good doctors gone?
I prefer a female doctor. Good luck
• Pleasant Hill, California
I don't really care about the gender of my doctor. I just like a doctor who explains things to me and involves me in the problem-solving process. And who listens well. And who speaks at least some English. Or maybe French.
I understand perfectly well your desire to find a new doc. I have the same problem as I have an auto immune disease and they put everything on this. Which is not always the case, very frustrating.
@marlina I see.how are you doing now there?
@amadeo I've got good days and bad days like everyone else I guess.
If you don't like your doctor, it probably is a good idea. I've never had a woman doctor.
@teamfreak16 same here.Mike has one.Not too happy with his.This is like a checker game.King me.LOL
@FourWalls (12939)
It seems like the good ones are leaving. The doctor who did my surgery 21 years ago told me he was retiring because government and insurance had turned him into a paper pusher and, as he said, "I didn't become a doctor to fill out forms." And that was long before Obamacare and HEPPA and all the other things. I think being a doctor has been romanticized (make lots of money, take Wednesday off to play golf, etc.) but when people see what the reality is they leave the profession. Good luck. With all the restrictions (someone else mentioned Medicare, some doctors not wanting 65+ patients, etc.) you may have a hard time, but if anyone can muddle through and find a new doctor my money is on you!
@FourWalls thank you for your confident.Will see how things goes.
@hostessman (8928)
• Tucson, Arizona
well good luck finding another doctor. sometimes a change is good
If you aren't happy with your doctor just get another one. Or is it not as simple as that where you live? A woman might suit you better.
Do you have to stay in NH for a doc? If not I highly recommend Dr Guy Navarra in Newburyport MA. He went to both Yale and Harvard and does geriatrics. He was my former doc and I loved him. Obviously not a female doc but he is good. He would be about an hour from you Fredo.
Dr. Guy Navarra is fluent in English, Spanish and French, but his command of languages comes more from geographic mobility than book study.
@bunnybon7 (35546)
• Holiday, Florida
I have moved on several times because of the same problem. you see online where it is said, not always your age. some problems need more looking into and doctors (most) these days just want money and not to much bother. just move on to the next patient for more money.
If you are unhappy, then move on to a new physician.
My husband just changed to the town that we live in. She's a PA and she is very nice. Of course they have a doctor on staff too.