Have You Ever Visited Devil's Tower in Wyoming?

Picture by Pixabay
About 16 years ago, my youngest brother and his wife and some other friends and I flew to South Dakota. We saw several interesting places in South Dakota, but we also went to Wyoming and visited Devil’s Tower, which is part of the Black Hills. We walked all the way around the tower, which was over a mile, I think. It’s a very unusual natural rock monolith that seems to have just sprouted out of the ground. It's over 5,000 feet tall. Several Tribal legends exist concerning this rock. For more information, here is a link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devils_Tower We learned that Theodore Roosevelt proclaimed Devil’s Tower in Wyoming, to be the FIRST national monument in 1906. We were fascinated by the prayer bags that were seen tied to the trees in the area. The entire area is considered to be sacred ground according to several Tribes.
@EddieHands (35502)
No I have never visited. But I would like to. That place looks magical !
IF you ever get an opportunity, it's worth seeing. Devil's Tower is very interesting to view.
@Raelove (16784)
• Saco, Maine
I've never been there, but it looks a lot like the rock featured in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."
I've never seen that movie, but you could be right.
Yes, I have but don't ask about specific memories. I was there as a child long long ago!
Your memory of Devil's Tower is probably not very clear. That's understandable.
@Platespinner (19365)
We visited there on our way to Yellowstone on a family vacation 9 years ago.
@Platespinner (19365)
@Ronrybs (6938)
• London, England
Looks familar, was it in Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind?