Are your yesterdays good

Big frog,
Roseburg, Oregon
I think of my childhood and it was pretty good. I got to spend the first 15 years of my life in other countries and see a lot of interesting things. So I can not complain about my life. I had good parents that treated me nice. When i was raped in Europe and got pregnant at 14 and had the baby at 15 years old. My parents said they would go along with what ever I decided I wanted to do. That was the only bad thing that happened to me in my childhood. I am so glad I kept my oldest son. He was a great help in helping me grew up and was a good son that helped me repair and fix things in my house before we sold it. So over all I had a great childhood and great parents that are both gone now. How was your yesterdays. I hope mostly they were good. The picture is mine.
I know I've heard about what happened to you as a teen, and I'm always in awe how you've come so far and did so well for yourself and for your family throughout the years. I know your "today" is good too.
You have to forget and move on and my son turned into a great man.
@jstory07 And he has a great, strong mom too!
@much2say He kept our appliances going for over twenty years in our house and my car going for twenty two years.
I had a rather turbulent childhood. When my father was drunk he was ugly and hit my mother and sometimes us kids. He only drank a couple of weeks a year, the rest of the time he was pretty okay. We didn't have a lot of money but never wanted for anything. We spent summers in Canada, my mother's home which was lots of fun. I met my hubs when I was 14 and married him at 18. My yesterdays were pretty good over all.
That is good and have you had a great married life.
@jstory07 Yes I am still married to the boy I fell in love with at 14. 48 years. I have 3 great kids, 10 grands almost 3 great grands. We are not the Cleavers, we have had real life problems but it has been a wonderful life.
So glad to hear that you had such supportive parents during that time. I would say my childhood was average, perhaps a bit below average, due to kidney disease at age 5 that is prone to flareups to the day I die and parents who battled constantly.
That is sad when someone has to deal with a health problem.
@sallypup (27519)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Like most folks I had great parts in my childhood and not so fun other parts. I am sorry you were asaulted like that.
It was really bad but I just blocked it out and moved on until I figured out i was pregnant.
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
Wow, love the toad! Or is it a froggie? Anyway it makes for a great picture. I had a very happy childhood, I was lucky. Good parents, good friends. Only the usual ups and downs of adolescence. That's great you had the support you needed to raise your child. It had to have been a terrible trauma at the time.
It was but I got over it and moved on with my life with a great son to raise.
@noni1959 (3472)
Thank you for sharing your story. Your "bad" had a good outcome. I had a good childhood for the most part sprinkled with the usual drama. I had a sister that was awful but I survived it. my dad took us on trips often and we camped quite a bit. I loved it and still do. I passed that onto my own children.
I am glad you had a good childhood for the most part. Every child should have a good childhood.
@noni1959 (3472)
@jstory07 I agree they should. I wish you would have. I had my share of downs even with a rape at the age of 15 by my sister from he**'s boyfriend. I was molested at the age of 6 by the neighborhood store owner. Even though I had a "normal" raising otherwise, I was scared to tell my folks for fear I'd be in a lot of trouble. I kept it until I was married and pregnant and broke down. My parents cried and was so upset I felt I couldn't tell them.
@noni1959 At least you were able to tell them and that helped you with healing.
@alberello75 (18022)
• Genova, Italy
Unfortunately I not had a good childhood! Ok my parents, good people, but already then (and even now) I had psychological problems, so I practically never had friend! Even now, I live with this disease, no job and I am maintained by my parents. I hope it lasts over time ...
I hope you will be able able to get a job in your future. Good luck.
@alberello75 (18022)
• Genova, Italy
@jstory07 Thank you
That is a pretty major thing to have happen to you. My childhood was great. Brought up at my grandparent's while my mom worked. My parents divorced early in my life.
That was great you had grandparents that cared about you. I watched my grandchildren while the parents worked.
@jstory07 ....I had guardianship of one of mine for 12 years.
I had a wonderful childhood with great parents and awesome friends. We did a lot of family vacations, picnics at the beach, Sunday drives, etc. We hung with the neighbor kids from the time we were young until we moved away from home. There were six girls in our family and they had seven girls and five boys. We built camps which was so much fun. There was always a clubhouse to go to. I have so many great memories. I wish all children could have been so blessed.
It is sad when children have a bad childhood and nothing good at all.
@jstory07 I know and it has a huge affect on them when they get older. It always breaks my heart.
Wow. What a woman you are.
Than you I just moved on with my life. And it has been a good life where I worked hard for what I have.
@sueznewz2 (10066)
• Alicante, Spain
I had a very similar early years as yourself.... and I enjoyed my early days... myDad was in the forces..., I have never married... but have had and am still having a good life... I'm glad you are too...
I am glad you had a good life. That is great.
What an awful thing to happen to you, but you seem not to have let it blight your life. It's great that something so good ( your son) came out of something so bad.I'm so glad that your parents were supportive.
My parents were great. My Dad never did anything for us. Instead he showed us how to do it and we did it. That is better than having things done for you. I taught that to all of my children while they were growing up.
@LoriAMoore (4672)
My childhood through my 30's was pretty bad but the lat 20 years have been wonderful. I don't look back.
I am so glad you had the last 20 years that were good. I hope you have a lot more good years.