Fable – The Beautiful Princess and the Turtle

Image source - My Broderbund image DVD, Editing Gus Kilthau
@Ceerios (3846)
Goodfellow, Texas
The Beautiful Princess and the Turtle Once upon a dream, in the storied Land of Escobud lived the lovely Princess Mia. The Land of Escobud is so far away that it is but a tiny dot on the screen of a space telescope. Those who travel to Escobud describe it as verdant, with crystal waters flowing in its many streams. Escobud has tourist soup kitchens that dispense filet mignon and large flagons of royal mead daily except on weekends. On weekends special treats are served in memory of one of the long-departed rulers, the one renowned as a lover of cabbage and turnips. Monday through Friday, however, Escobud is paradise on earth. Each summer, Princess Mia climbed aboard the royal spaceship and warped on over to Mascot. the famous racetrack in Escobud. There she would “go native” and take in the turtle races. Mia enjoyed wagering on races and rubbing elbows with the Escobuddies. Having done this for a sufficient number of years, Princess Mia developed great skill at picking race winners. She had also come to understand how to rub elbows with the Escobuddies with minimal wear and tear to biceps, triceps, circumferential articulating facets, or to the epidermis with which those are wrapped. Yes. Princess Mia was not only a beauty. She was scandalously smart too. As it happened, this year she wagered on a likely turtle, “Lightning,” numbered 423. Turtle “Lightning” was unusually wide of girth and had legs stouter than those of the other turtles. Princess Mia placed a big wager on “423-Lightning” - seven quants-three to win in the third turtle Domechase. The day was dry, bright, and sunny. The wind was not even windy. Chirpy birdies sang in the flowering ntoubrack trees that lined the course. And around the bend came the turtles, “423-Lightning” was in front of the pack as he was expected to be. Then, all of a moment, “Lightning” pulled up. He stuck his woggly green neck out of his capacious shell, looking here, looking there, looking up at his pretty young jockey, looking to the fore and to the rear. Then he plopped down into the dust of the Mascot track and simply lay there. Plain quit the race is what he did. Moral: Although you look for lightning to hit from now until the final millennium, you will never see lightning come crashing through on a bright, dry, wind-free, sunny day when the chirpy birdies are all singing in the flowering ntoubrack trees. * * * * * * * * * * Image source - My Broderbund image DVD, Editing Gus Kilthau * * * * * * * * * *
So true...We don't So how can we strengthen our inner defences against lightening strikes that lighten on us?
@Ceerios (3846)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@responsiveme - Friend ARM - I no longer worry about that lightning stuff. Right now I am spending some "worry" energies trying to consider whether or not those ntoubrack trees that I invented might be useful in my old barbecue smoker pit. What can a person do with trees, newly invented, that no one knows anything about? -Gus-
@Ceerios Sit under them with a book in one hand and a piece of dark chocolate in the other? I am sure the ntouburk trees are ones with tiny , fluttering leaves ...the type I like best.
@Ceerios (3846)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@responsiveme - Friend ARM - Well now, I am unsure about sitting below a fictional tree, no matter what may be in hand. That may bring the guys with the nets and the strate-jackets along to take me away and put me in with the rest of my kind. I cannot stand my kind - they are mostly crazy as cockroaches.
@LuciCJ (200)
• Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Interesting interpretation, definitely you are good at storytelling. Or you could also devise some comics, as well. With the appropriate illustrations, they would certainly be great.
@Ceerios (3846)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@LuciCJ - Ms Luci - Ahhhh me - Your kind comment makes me once again wish that I could draw pictures, but I can scarcely manage to draw a straight line even when I use a straight-edge ruler to help me do it. -Gus-