Turning Past Writing Assignments into Posts - Good or Bad?

I write and publish my work on HubPages and I have used my past writing assignments from either high school or college when looking for new things to publish on that site. I've either published my pasts assignments in their entirety, reworked them a little bit before publishing (whether it was to add more info or to change the way some things were written), or used their topics as inspiration for new work. I think this is a great thing to do because it builds your online writing portfolio and gives your work more exposure. It can also educate others, and inspire you and other writers to create new pieces of their own to share with others. Have you ever done that? Do you think it's a great idea or a bad idea to do this?
@egdcltd (5839)
I don't have anything like that that I could rework, but I'm always in favour of reusing stuff if you can.
• Calgary, Alberta
I posted short stories I wrote in highschool here. One of them got replies while one of them got ignored. Just post your content in the right place and the right time.
It seems to me like this site is not the best place for short stories. Best places to post them are writing.com and authorsden.com as those are sites for creative writing. The sites are free to join, however, free memberships are limited in terms of how much work you can post. You are better off getting a paid membership and there are a number of them to choose from on both sites. I am a member of both.
• Calgary, Alberta
@lovebuglena You will just get compliments from people who didn't read your story here.
@CaptAlbertWhisker What do you mean by that?
@CinnamonGrl (5637)
• Paradise, California
I don't see anything wrong with that at all.It's a good idea, really.
@1hopefulman (19655)
Since I'm 67, I didn't keep much from high school or university. I wish I had. However, I think it's a great idea. Go for it!
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That sounds like a great idea. I wish I had old assignments that I could reuse but it's a long time since I left university and I'm not sure I could find any of them any more.
Maybe they are hiding somewhere in boxes or in drawers...
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@lovebuglena It's possible that some are. I guess I'll have to find some time to check.
@Gina145 Good idea for sure. You never know what you will find.