What Is Your Favorite?

@simone10 (21671)
Louisville, Kentucky
Daisies are my favorite flowers so when I saw this picture from Pixabay, I just had to use it in my post. I hope you enjoy it. My brother is off work today so we have some errands to do early this morning. We both have to go get haircuts, which I hate doing. I don't know why unless it's because I'm not good at making small talk to someone I don't know. But I suffer through it when my hair becomes a bit shaggy. After getting our haircut, we have to go to Walmart for some things for the apartment and then off to hunt for Louisville postcards so I can send some more out. They are so hard to find. I guess it's because people just don't buy them too much anymore. I have heard that Rite-Aid has them here so we are going to check it out and see. Hopefully, after getting postcards, we will be going out to lunch. Not sure where yet but I am really craving Mexican food. Mexican is one of my favorite types of food followed closely by Chinese. So, you all know now that daisies are my favorite flower and Mexican is my favorite food. What is your favorite flower and favorite food?
Those daisies just look so lovely. They're now my favourite flower! But I think I probably like carnations more. And I love desserts and sweet stuff.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I absolutely love daisies. They are simple yet beautiful. Carnations are a great choice. As far as desserts, I'm right there with you.
I think that my favorite flowers are roses and begonias, an odd combination, but cut flowers I prefer roses and potted blooms would be the begonias. I'm not much of a Mexican food lover, too spicy for my tastebuds. I prefer pub food-classy eh? I know, plain Jane, but they usually have a wide variety of eats and good portions for good prices.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I think roses and begonias are so pretty. I don't think it's such an odd combination. I think pub food is really, really good.
• Calgary, Alberta
I love eating Pumpkin flowers, there are so many recipes I can do with them and they were really delicious..... Back to the topic, My favorite flower that is not considered food will be Lavender. There is something relaxing about it's smell.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
There is a relaxing effect from the smell of Lavender. Not only do I love the smell, but I use it in oils and waxes for my bedroom to help me sleep.
• Calgary, Alberta
@simone10 I also love sunflowers because there is something heart warming about them.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@CaptAlbertWhisker Yes you are right about sunflowers. I love having them in the Fall.
I enjoy too many flowers to have a favorite. I prefer Italian food to all other types, and I think you could find postcards at the checkout of local hardware stores. I know this sounds odd, but I see them there all the time.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I know what you mean about enjoying all the flowers. I don't know why but Daisies have always been my favorite. I like Italian food also...especially spaghetti. I will try the hardware stores here to see if they have postcards.
@ElizabethWallace What has become of the idea of gluing photos of flowers onto white cardboard and make postcards? The dictionary tells me that glueing and gluing are both correct. What do you prefer?
@MALUSE It's on the back burner while I build my "writer's platform" so I can sell my book to a publisher. Sigh. I like the spelling without the "e". It's just personal preference.
I hate getting my hair cut too, but I have a lady come to the house - it's a lot easier that way. She does my husband's at the same time. My favourite flower is the begonia, and my favourite food is steak and fries. Love the photo of the daisies.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
How lucky to be able to get your hair cut at home. It would be a lot easier. I like begonias too and steak and fries is a wonderful choice!
Daisies are one of my favorite too and, I also love Mexican food.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Great minds think alike
• New Delhi, India
My favorite flower is the Rose. My favorite food is Chinese. :-)
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Roses are so pretty and there are so many varieties and colors to choose from. I would love having them in a garden. Chinese food is my second favorite food.
i'm with ya'n jest adore daisies :) i could also go with some green chili chicken enchilada's 'bout now - but fear that'd make me quite ill, lol. these days my favorite food 's any that doesn't :) 's fer those postcards - they're hard to find 'round here 's well. ya might call a truck stop, they seem to keep 'em stocked. jest love the card ya sent to me! that babe trottin' 'cross those green grasses makes me a tad homesick.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Daisies are so pretty, aren't they? I could also go for some green chili chicken enchiladas. It probably would make you sick if you were to eat one. I imagine you have to be really careful what you eat. I don't know if there is a truck stop near us. In Memphis and Vegas, they sold postcards in Walgreens but they don't sell them at any of the Walgreens here.
@simone10 yes ma'am, they jest always look happy :) i'd love to've me some, but yer correct, i'd pay dearly fer the treat. i do make 'em e'ery now 'n then (most time consumin' makin' gluten free tortillas 'n they jest aint the same, lol) but usually only when there's other folks 'round to eat most 'f 'em. ya know, coz i could eat the whole pan??? which'd not be a good thingy fer the gut. walgreens here used to sell 'em also. not any longer though. the truck stop (we've only 1) sells mostly route 66 cards - nothin' local. speakin' 'f which, i need to get a bunch sent out if'n the hands'll cooperate long 'nough to get 'em addressed 'n somethin' dribbled :)
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@crazyhorseladycx I'm going to have to order postcards online. Zazzle has some of Louisville and there are quite a few to pick from.
@silvermist (19804)
Those daisies are beautiful.I love all flowers.Dahlias,I like very much.Violets too.As for food.It keeps changing.I like south Indian style Crab curry/masala.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Violets are so pretty but have always been hard for me to grow. I wish I liked Indian food but the curry is just to hot for me.
@silvermist (19804)
@simone10 You can always have less spicy ones.But for many Indian dishes,spicy is what gives it taste.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@silvermist My daughter loves Indian food. She has been to India several times and loves the people and the food.
I don't do small talk at the hairdresser's. I fetch some magazines and read throughout the whole session.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I wish I could do that but our hairdresser likes to talk so I'm stuck with the small talk.
@simone10 Then bring a book and tell them that you have to finish it because you must take it back to the library. :-)
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@MALUSE Ohhhh, that is a great idea! I'm going to try it next time and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice
@shubhu3 (14286)
• New Delhi, India
That is amazing.My favorite flower is orchid and favorite food is Chinese.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
In one of our grocery stores, they sell orchids that are pink, blue, white, and green. They are so pretty and I have always wanted to buy one but I would have no idea how to take care of it.
@shubhu3 (14286)
• New Delhi, India
@simone10 Wow!! That is amazing.Orchids are seriously very fascinating.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@shubhu3 They are so delicate and beautiful and I agree that they are fascinating.
The gardenia is my favorite lower. Favorite food would be Chinese food.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Gardenia's smell so good! I can see why it is your favorite. Chinese food is my second favorite food, right behind Mexican.
Those daisies look beautiful. I cannot say that I have a favorite flower, but one of my favorite is the gardenia and my favorite food is Italian. It seems that this is what I miss more when I travel and nowhere in the world is as good as at home or in my native country.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I love gardenias too and they smell wonderful. I would have to say that Italian is my third favorite, right behind Mexican and Chinese. I'm sure you do miss good Italian food when you travel. There is nothing like authentic Italian foods.
@simone10 Yes, I miss my native food when I am far from home for several weeks.
• Muscat, Oman
My favorite flower is lavender and favorite dish is biriyani
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Lavender smells so good! I've never heard of biriyani. What is it?
I'm partial to Daisy's too & enjoyed the picture. Hope you have a good day with everything you have planned especially having your Mexican lunch. My go to lunch would be either burgers or pizza
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I thought the picture was so pretty. I would love to grow daisies when we do move into a house. Unfortunately, our Mexican lunch was just horrible. We won't be going back to that restaurant again. I also like pizza.
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I have different favorites for different seasons. I love the irises in the spring, hibiscus in the summer and mums in the fall. My favorite annual is the simple zinnia.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
You listed some really beautiful flowers. My brother also loves mums in the fall.
@CinnamonGrl (5740)
• Paradise, California
I like the daisy picture, they're cheery flowers. My favorite flowers are lilies and roses. I especially love peace roses. They are yellow with pink edges. Favorite food, I'm not sure. I like different foods at different times. I love a nice tender roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy best, I think. I do like both Mexican and Chinese dishes, though. I do not like going to a beautician or hair stylist, and in fact my hair is always a little goofy because I won't go get a professional cut lol. And really, I don't like spending the money on that. I hope you have a good day and your haircut turns out great!
@LoriAMoore (4889)
The Kentucky Derby museum would have some, the chamber of commerce downtown too maybe. My favorite flower is the lily
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you Lori! I didn't think about the Kentucky Derby museum. I will check the places you listed. Lilies are another flower that I think smell so good.
@responsiveme (14477)
Nasturtiums and Phlox. Indian food.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I really wish I could eat Indian food. It smells so good. I tried it once and it was too spicy for me.
• Portland, Connecticut
I like pansies and Thai food is a big favorite with me. But when it comes to desserts, I am British all the way.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I like pansies too. They come in so many great colors. That is usually the first flower we get every spring. I've never had Thai food. Is it spicy? Is it similar to Chinese?
• Portland, Connecticut
@simone10 It is a little spicy and they use a lot of coconut milk, delicious.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@BelleStarr I've never had coconut milk but it sounds really good.