shock collar training for dogs

@sugartoes (34712)
Greencastle, Indiana
I don't know how to put this but just out there so don't think I'm attacking you on what I feel but I PERSONALLY don't think this is the way to train a dog I thinks in cruel & very mean I've had a LOT of dogs in my life time & have NEVER EVER had to use one NOR would I either I don't like the idea a dog HAS to be SHOCKED into being trained when all it takes is LOVE I also don't think a dog has to be mistreated cause that just breaks the bonding stage in a dog to not trust people or their owners which isn't good either you never want to break that. Dogs are VERY smart & not hard to train (IF) you know how & what to do to train them, it's not that hard if you have the right training to START with, dogs don't need to be abused If you don't have the time or the training to train your dog then BY ALL MEANS DON'T cause all you'll do is mess up the bond & trust you can have between you & your dog . Never harm your pet in training just show them the love & give them the trust they give you & all will turn out the way you want it to with it they love us for a reason show them the same love. Thank you for your comment photo is mine, of the oldest dog I have in a pack of 7
My main dog training youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/zakgeorge What type of collar should you use during dog training? A harness, a regular collar, a...
@Mike197602 (13518)
• Worcester, England
I think a shock collar is terrible and anyone that uses one shouldn't be allowed to have any animals. I'd put it round their neck and give them a taste of it
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Mike197602 I'm with you all the way on that
So well said! I would do the same. Let's start with those who use their cellphones where they should not. Give them a shock every time they do this.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck I LIKE that idea
Shock collars are not allowed here in Switzerland. This is considered animals abuse and you can be judged if you use one.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck we need that law in the states here
I agree with you that this negative side of domestication principles as far as canines has to stop BUT not all breed of dogs can be trained even at the earliest stage of their lives so dumb humans adopt a shock collar to do what LOVE should . . . great post @sugartoes and have a fab Labor day weekend !
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@enlightenedpsych2 thank you for agreeing with me on this, I will be RIGHT here interacting with those that will be on here, that's my way of having a good time. hope you have a great fun weekend as well our anniversary is on the 4th is when we'll be enjoying our weekend.
@sugartoes thank you and try to find some fun time for yourself also
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@enlightenedpsych2 this is how I enjoy my time there's nothing eles here to do.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
its looking good
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@kamruzzaman5ndc you care to explain in MORE DETAIL?
@nanette64 (13790)
• Fairfield, Texas
I agree 100% @sugartoes . My 3 dogs were voice and hand command trained. If people don't want to take the time to do it right, they shouldn't have dogs. Last night on the news was something I already knew.
Researchers have confirmed what any dog owner would already tell you: that dogs can understand both vocabulary and the intonation of human voices. The researchers used fMRI imaging to look at the brains of the animals during testing, revealing a lot about
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@nanette64 yeah I seen that as you will see I left a comment on there too.
@VivaLaDani13 (16317)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I agree. A shock collar wouldn't even be considered to train my dog. Shouldn't be used on any animals. Friggen stupid and cruel.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 thank you that's the SAME way I think about them if you HAVE to use one then your not much on how to train your dog I've had a LOT of dogs that not ONCE have I had to use one on a dog & this is ONE TIME I'll say I'll (NEVER) use one on a dog as long as I live.
I would never use one of those. It just seems so cruel. Anyone who uses one needs to have it on their neck so they can see how it feels.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Susan2015 I HEAR YOU I HAVE TO AGREE,
I totally agree with you. Shock collars just break me. Not only that but also raising hands on your pets as well. Pets are part of our families, why need to harm them if they don't behave properly? All they need is time and attention and understanding too. Plus with proper training, then you won't need those pet harming trainers anymore.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@thereselao wish everyone would understand that
@ms1864 (7002)
• Bangalore, India
I would actually like to smack the person who invented this collar.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ms1864 that makes 2 of us
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'd think that if you're a good trainer, they wouldn't be necessary.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TheHorse your so right as I have NEVER had to use one.
@clrumfelt (5427)
I don't have dogs but the shock collar does seem very inhumane to me. Our neighbor had one for his dog and if the dog got off his property the collar would shock it. Poor thing. I think those methods are just for the convenience of the owner who wants a dog but doesn't want to spend time training or interacting with it, or maybe it is quicker way to teach the dog desired behaviors but why have a dog if you don't want to spend time and nurture it?
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@clrumfelt AMEN on that I do agree with you on that it's not the BEST way to train a dog it's not even the RIGHT way to train one either you are RIGHT.
I agree. Dogs do not be subjected to being shocked to accomplish training.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 your SO RIGHT they do fine with a GOOD trainer.