American Gothic

Ringgold, Virginia
It's Wednesday and my favorite new show American Gothic will be coming on tonight. For those of you who like drama and suspense, I recommend you check it out. The premise of the show is about the Hawthrone family and how one of it's members could be a serial killer. Every week the show gets better, just when you think you've got everything figured out, they throw in a plot twist. Do you watch American Gothic? If so, who do you think the killer is?
@anniepa (27238)
Well, it's over now and those of us who watched the whole series now know who the killer was. I have to admit, I never saw it coming about Sophie. I was pretty surprised at the very end about Alison as well. I DID suspect the mother pretty much from the beginning and as much as they kept on trying to make us think it was Garrett I just knew better from the start. I've read where there might be a season 2, despite the fact that it was originally promoted as a "13 part murder mystery". I'd actually seen that before I watched the last few episodes so I'd been thinking that would be difficult if it was going to be solved unless they were planning on an anthology type show like "American Horror Story" with different characters each season, but after seeing how it ended I think they could definitely pull it off. We have Sophie in the wind and Jack listening to his bear and asking "When?" he'd be seeing her again and we have both Garrett and Tess now with babies carrying their grandmother's genes... There are five kids who could grow up to be serial killers. Am I the only one who thinks Cam and Garrett look enough alike to be brothers in real life? I thought that when they were both on different shows, "Shameless" and "Banshee" respectively, so it was cool to see them play brothers on a new show.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@anniepa Great to see another fan of the show. Cam and Garrett were my favorite characters and they could pass as brothers. The finale had me in suspense. I was surprised Sophie was the SBK's daughter, then after hearing her explanation it started to add up. But the ending with Alison is what really shocked me. I'm hoping they'll do a season 2, but either way, the finale was great.
@anniepa (27238)
@dramagirl26 I almost can't blame Alison, she was protecting the rest of her family from a very evil woman, as it turned out. If they don't have another season it's nice to just think of the four siblings and their families finally being truly together as a family having survived two very flawed parents.
• Ringgold, Virginia
@anniepa In a way, you could see Alison's viewpoint in doing what she did. If they do a second season, they could have Sophie coming back threatening to expose Alison. Or they could explore the possibility that Alison could be turning into her mother.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
not see yet..how is it?
• Ringgold, Virginia
I think it's a good show, it's suspensful and keeps you glued to the screen.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
@dramagirl26 okay,then i wont see it..
@moffittjc (44472)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have never seen the show, but everyone at work keeps talking about it! At this point, I am content to keep up with the plot by hanging around the water cooler at work the next day after the show airs and just listening to all of my co-workers talk about it! lol
• Ringgold, Virginia
I do the same thing with shows I don't watch. I just go online and read what other people are saying about it.