Oh WELCH's I am disappointed . . .

Has anybody read the ingredients on the Welchs Grape Juice cocktail ? Apparently this huge beverage distribution company is NOT heeding the warnings about HFCS (that is high fructose corn syrup btw ) because they are still adding it to their less sugar and regular sugar-infused juice ! I cannot metabolize corn anything, syrup especially and I love juices; however I am not about to load a huge tub of concord grapes and step into them to make juice so Welchs what gives ??? Anyone else tweaked about this ? maybe we should boycott . . .
sadly these companies tend not to listen to the general public 'til they feel the pinch 'f their purse strings. yepperz, i'd boycott 'em. fer myself, i don't partake'n already made juices, their 'other ingredients' jest don't like my body so i'm forced to make my own.
Well this post is meant to harm their purse strings @crazyhorseladycx
@enlightenedpsych2 don't'cha reckon ya need a larger platform, hon?
@crazyhorseladycx nope baby steps can move mountains
Well, that is disappointing. I love Welch's Grape Juice. All those who cannot metabolize corn should boycott. That'll show 'em!
It is NOT like Welchs cannot afford to make a juice without that added ingredient . . . thanks @Corbin5 maybe this post will grab their attention
@enlightenedpsyche2 Could you find another brand that is better for you? Have you been drinking this brand with the HFCS and just noticed it or did they suddenly start adding it? I am going to do some research on HFCS as I have been watching for that but am not sure exactly what it does to a person but know it is not okay!
Well actually I BOUGHT the incorrect one, this one was a 'juice cocktail' and I did find yesterday a better one by a different company that is strictly ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), grape juice and fruit pectin-- thanks @Marty1 for commenting . . . I made a boo boo by NOT reading the entire ingredient list, a mistake I will NEVER make again have a great day
@enlightenedpsche2 I am glad you found one with ascorbic acid as that will help you in the upcoming winter weather from getting a cold. What Brand did you find? I am also happy that it doesn't have all kinds of names of ingredients nobody knows what they are or how to pronounce them. Is this juice you found a real cocktail like you thought the other one was? You Have a good day, too!
@Marty1 every brand will have ascorbic acid in there because that is already found in concord grapes-- but to avoid high fructose syrup is the key. It has been a long time since I got a cold (which is kind of funny to call it that when weather in winter is just that, cold0, but my immune system is in check all year long, prepared for whatever floats in the air. I found a lesser known company brand, can't remember the name offhand (it is downstairs in the fridge and I am upstairs) The juice I found is NOT a cocktail, it is straight 100% juice from concord grapes , expensive by almost 2 dollars more (the other was 2.99 ) well worth it
I can't stand grape juice so it isn't a problem for me!
Oh sorry to hear that but I need the antioxidants from the concord grapes and eating just handfuls is not cutting it but thanks for visiting @NJChicaa oh and do enjoy your labor day weekend
I like grape juice but hadn't realized they used HFCS. It's been a while since I had any. I think I'll pass it up.
Now mind you @just4him it is in the Grape juice cocktail
@enlightenedpsych2 I've never had that. Now it might interest you to learn that I bought Chex cereal yesterday and decided to read the label as they claim they don't have HFCS either. They don't, but they have sugar listed three times in the ingredients and corn syrup is one of them, just not the high fructose kind. I think I'll be passing on the cereal from now on.
@just4him it seems Welch's has different 'blends' wih o course other juice concentrates like cranberry, raspberry or cherry blast BUT this particular one only contained 20% real juice the concord grape purple one, other was High fructose corn syrup, I was dumb not to red the label and will now make sure everyone else does too . . .
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I don't drink a lot of juices because of the sugar in them.
There are less sugar added ones BUT if they also contain HFCS, Welch's ought to be ashamed of themselves @simone10
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@enlightenedpsych2 They really should, especially since there are so many people these days who are health conscious.
@simone10 yes many are health-conscious but not enough understand the relationship between body biology and food nutrition
@cahaya1983 (8252)
So frustrating to hear stories like this. But I always find most commercial juice too sweet for my liking anyway.
Well the sweetness factor is remedied by commercial juice companies providing a reduced sugar blend BUT again those could also have artificial sweeteners in them, which is as bad or worse, than high fructose corn syrup. Thanks for visiting @cahaya1983
I hope to sway the frustration consumers have by making a huge deal about something as simple as a syrup derived from corn, many are simply allergic to corn-- that means any product made from it, threatening to their health. @cahaya1983 I figure the more customers speak up about what they don't like in products, improvements can actually be considered, made and then applied.
@enlightenedpsych2 I agree. The issue is no longer just about preference but it's about something that poses health risks.
@thelme55 (11474)
I don't think we have this Welsh juice here in the Philippines. I have not seen it too in Germany.
welch juice is also sold in the supermarkets here, but priced higher
@thelme55 (11474)
@hereandthere really? I only buy local products when I am here in the Philippines unless I need it for my European baking.
@thelme55 because there are many supermarket chains here in the capital, maybe to cater to the upper class and expats. some even have membership because the goods sold are imported.
I do not drink this stuff or any others.
Oh okay but what do you drink to hydrate and keep yourself healthy @amadeo ?
@enlightenedpsych2 Lots of water every day.
Really? I can't believe Welchs hasn't jumped in the bandwagon for kicking out those kinds of ingredients. I don't remember the last time we've had their juice . . . but I do remember having their popsicles . . . I suppose there's tons of sugar in that but possibly HFCS too . Well, back to reading the labels carefully again!!
I was surprised they had not jumped on that bandwagon either but they are a HUGE profit-oriented company so it does make sense to those investors . . . but not to me thanks for visiting @much2say and have a good Labor day weekend
@enlightenedpsych2 It would make sense - or do they not care to make the change? Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend too!!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I wouldn't boycott. I'd just avoid it if you don't metabolize the product well.
Naw boycott is a much more effective selling tool !
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We don't buy anything that has high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, etc. They can keep their garbage. It is horrible what has happened to what we once called FOOD.
Yes absolutely horrible and dummy me did NOT read the label close enough, darnit ! Thanks for visiting @PatZAnthony and hope you are well enjoying the holiday weekend
@marsha32 (6780)
I'm thinking that I heard somewhere that HFCS is not any worse for you than cane sugar, but that's not what this is about. I am allergic to corn meal and sometimes I do have allergic reactions to things with corn syrup too.
I do not have the intense headache in the temple region with cane sugar so after drinking a glassful of the grape juice cocktail , hour later bam it was awful @marsha32
I didn't realize that Welchs still uses HFCS in their juices especially when they say less sugar. That's crazy. Guess you can't be too careful and have to scrutinize every label
I seems for them 'sugars' like pure cane is not as easily obtainable than the readily available corn which this planet is full of @Marilynda1225 and yes scrutinization is sensical when label reading is concerned, thanks for stopping by
Glad that you found another brand that is better