Bouncing a game development idea on you all..

@vandana7 (66110)
So it is nothing original (when is vanny original anyway). You know what Boggle is, right? I have given a link below... My idea is similar... Mine has only 9 cubes...WOODEN ONES (god knows why but plastic cubes and I am scared my princess would think it is chocolate of sorts). Fairly large in size for the same reason. So line them up to form a square... Total number of squares to be filled 6 x 9= 54 Top most column square "(", ")", JOKER Bottom most column "zero", "zero", "zero". 54-6= 48 The column on left has "+", "-", "multiply", the column on right has "Divide", and two "=" 48 - 6 = 42 The front facing sides of the cubes to have 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 42- 9 = 33 The rear side of these cubes in same sequence should have 9, 8, 7 3, 2, 1 6, 5, 4 33 - 9 = 24 Now, there are six more sides with us These would again be +, -, +, x, "(", ")" 24 - 6 = 18 Rest 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, =, +, -, x, divide, Open bracket, close bracket and another joker. 18-18 = 0 all surfaces have something on them. If we use the same timer or longer running timer as boggle and try to play it like Boggle with my little friends would it work? Oh the scoring The higher the number the kiddo manages to arrive with mathematical equation that is the score... Joker included. MINUS ANY OUTSTANDING NUMBERS IN HAND OF COURSE LOL. Is there a game like this already existing...trust me I have never seen it...just came up in my mind. @TheHorse...your input on this would be welcome.
Screen-reader users, click here to turn off Google Instant. Please click here if you are not redirected within a few seconds. MoreEven more from GoogleSign in Google Instant is unavailable. Press Enter to search. Learn moreGoogle Instant is off due to conn
Sounds like a great game to me.
@vandana7 (66110)
I am hoping @TheHorse would come up with some input on it...whether it is feasible, and whether a game like this already exists. :)
@vandana7 I am sure the Horse welcome up with something lol.
@vandana7 (66110)
@TRBRocks420 ... Yeah...He has access to many children. :) So if he can make it, and make kids play, whether kids enjoy it, and learn something, he would be able to tell me. :) Moreover, he is into a lot of carpentry and such stuff. :) So may be he can manage. To buy a boggle I might have to spend a whole day..ordering from online foreign stores is not possible as we can't pay in dollars. Will have to search some of the local stores. My for colleague did buy one piece for her daughter. But I don't know from where..:(
It sounds like a great game. Make a prototype and use it with all the kids you know. There are a lot of math games using dice, special dice. They are always selling them and giving presentations at teacher's conventions.
Toggle navigation Box Cars and One-Eyed Jacks is a leading Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 10 consulting and publishing company specializing in games and teaching strategies for classrooms across North America. We publish a wide variety of award-winning math and
@vandana7 (66110)
Thank you. Yeah dice is the word...lol. I just want kids to be adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing more easily kinda... so I thought this would do...their mother is a very resourceful lady...if my idea is feasible, she will find a way to get the prototype made hook or crook. :) We all could play, after all, it is not only kids who need to brush up their math. :)
It sounds like fun
@vandana7 (66110)
Thank you for supporting...I too thought it would be fun. :)
@topffer (34622)
• France
You should try it to control that it works (I have a doubt for the * sign : it might be too difficult). I do not know any game like this one, hats off.
@vandana7 (66110)
It can be progressive, right? I mean my little friend is still not five years old. So it will be additions and subtractions. Then as he learns multiplications - he can increase those equations, and have multiple equations...My only doubt was minus...it would be way too complex kind.
no ma'am, i don't reckon i've e'er heard 'f such. sounds like a grand idea to me though. these young'uns ('t least here'n the u.s.) could sure use a game such 's this. they've grown so dependent'n usin' calculators/puters that they can't e'en add simple numbers, like 4+2....
@vandana7 (66110)
Math scares most people. If simple things could become habit because of fun, it would be so nice...I am only speaking of tables till 10.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Eeps, I'm going to have to read this a few times to get my head wrapped around it!
@vandana7 (66110)
I sent a PM with simpler way I think...do you think I should remove this post..it is so weird...idea came and I wrote...the word is not cube, it is dice..lol.
I like the word game, but the thought of crossing this with math scares me. I hate maths, lol
That sounds like a good game to me. Have a good night.