Stress of children in different countries/ regions

@ivansin (630)
Hong Kong
I want to know stress of children in different countries/ regions, because I think those stress in Hong Kong is very unreasonable. Almost all parents in Kong Kong think that having good career opportunity because of good educational level, studying in good university because of graduating from good secondary school, studying in good secondary school because of graduating from good primary school, studying in good primary school because of graduating from good kindergarten...... For having a chance of interview in good kindergarten, many parents let their children learn different languages, join different activities, and memories different model answers of interview questions. Some parents let their children study two kindergartens that one is morning school and one is afternoon school. When Hong Kong children apply secondary school, all of them can show many many certificates. For examples, music theory, piano, computer, telling story, drawing, Kung Fu, singing and so on. I wonder how can they learn so many things when they are just 5 years old. Primary school and Secondary school students need to join tutor lessons in different education center after school. Is it reasonable for children? Are other countries and regions like this?
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Well, nothing wrong with keeping children occupied and learning. Parents all over the world are pushing their children. Don't overdo, but face the reality of competitiveness.
@ivansin (630)
Thank you for your replying. I think every parents pushing their children because of love. It is very difficult to balance keeping competitiveness and happy childhood. How about stress of Philadelphia children? Is it similar to Hong Kong?
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
@ivansin. In some cases. A percentage of parents don't care. Some sacrifice for their children's education. Others have the funds and are glad to invest in their kids. And still others take advantage of every free or subsidised program available to keep their student in the race.
@ivansin (630)
@sherryericha I see. Thank you very much! You gained my knowledge.
It is similar to mainland China.
@ivansin (630)
I see. Some students came from mainland China are more hard-working than Hong Kong. Is it because mainland China students used to study under stress?
@ivansin Yes,mainland china students used to study under press.Especially in high school , all over country.You konw ,most students who graduate from university will join work.So everyone including prarents reach a consensus that get in a good college is every important .But I do not mean the other education pbase is not important.And economic development is out-off-balance in mainland,lots of family is so poor or not good.When they are in childhood,their parents plant idea of studying hard you will have a good life in the future .
@ivansin (630)
@NicholasM So, it is very similar to Hong Kong. Parents plan terrible schedules for their children. For having a good future, every children study hard and study under stress.
I'm glad to say that most German children have a happier childhood.
@ivansin (630)
I am 35 years old now. When I was a child, Hong Kong was not like that. However, now...... M.-L. ! Thanks your reply. How about other countries and regions?