Where Did September Come From

Daytona Beach, Florida
I must have had a memory lapse. Last thing I remember was saying to my hubby thank heavens it’s June and summer is almost here. Before I knew it in Latvia we had celebrated Midsummer’s, then my hubby’s birthday came around in July and now here we are in September. I don’t have much recollection of August because I found myself running around checking on tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes and pumpkins and oh, yes our roses. I have included a pic of a white rose. Here in Latvia this was the first day of school and now we settle in and wait for the colorful autumn. Were you surprised by September? What are you doing for the Labor Day weekend? We of course don’t celebrate that here but I remember I did enjoy those last barbecues.
@jhechorain (1228)
• Susanville, California
This year has been flying by. I have barely any recollection of winter yet it was there, wasn't it? Then here we are about to go around again! Crazy.
• Walnut Creek, California
Time flies, no matter how much fun you're having.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It's just my brother and I this weekend and he has to work some so we won't be doing any celebrating.
Same thing here, now it is September and we are waiting for the wonderful fall colors coming soon!
• Walnut Creek, California
I don't really have big plans for Monday.
Then you can enjoy myLot and do some relaxing @TheHorse
• Walnut Creek, California
@RasmaSandra Heh.That's what I'm doing right now.
I am not surprised by time flying by anymore. Before you know it this site will be inundated with posts exclaiming how fast Halloween arrived.
And I'll be carving one of my pumpkins @JohnRoberts
I have spent far too much time on the laptop and summer has slipped right by! I do like fall, but I wish I had participated in summer a little more.
@aninditasen (1793)
• Raurkela, India
The white rose is beautiful indeed.
Thank you. One of our finest roses in the garden @aninditasen
What a lovely photo and rose Sandra. Time is flying by for me constantly now as I age and looking after Mama. I dont know where the time goes, but surely I was and am surprised by the month of September already. It always reminds me of going back to school and fond memories when I was a child.
That is what I am reminded of also the excitement of returning to school and collecting autumn leaves and acorns @TiarasOceanView