I Scored a 98 out of 100!

My new ResMed CPAP Machine has been helping me for 2 days now and to my surprise I can find out how well it is working and how to improve the effectiveness of it. Now I have had a CPAP Machine since January of 2012 so I have become used to using it, but this one has really done better than the one before it. My baseline is that I stop breathing between 5 and 15 times an hour, however with this machine it records the events ti detects. Last night I averaged 2.7 times an hour. The key is that the machine compensated for it and lessens the impact. The video below explains some of the neat features including the internal modem for sending daily reports to an account I set up on line. That is how I know the score. Do you deal with Sleep Apnea? How long does your machine last before needing to be replaced?
This video not only explains the features of the ResMed AirSense 10 AUTO CPAP Machine, but it also explains how to use the AirSense 10. Visit our website htt...
@CinnamonGrl (6074)
• Paradise, California
Thank goodness for these machines. I don't' know how long my son's lasts, he hasn't mentioned specifically. That is pretty cool about the reports!
@CinnamonGrl It helps me understand the importance of using it. The pressure keeps me breathing so that the events are fewer and less extreme. In the original study some of them lasted almost a full minute. Before the machine I woke up a lot at night and had more difficulty getting to sleep. Now I sleep soundly and seldom wake up (unless I gotta go or the Dogs have to go.).
@Berniezeitler So glad that the new machine helps you a lot.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
As far as I know, I don't have sleep apnea but my mother did and had to wear one at night. She hated it because she was claustrophobic. I think it's pretty cool everything this machine can do.
I dont know tons about it, other than hubby had nose surgery when he was younger and it corrected his somehow
@Jessicalynnt It is possible that he had a deviated septum or other form of nose related form of sleep Apnea. There are several ways it happens but basically they all involve blocked airways.
@Berniezeitler they chiseled back some cartlidge or something
@Jessicalynnt That would do it! The cartilage was acting as an obstruction to his airway so when he slept it triggered him to stop breathing. with mine it is 2 fold. 1. blocked airway 2. brain sometimes has a momentary lapse while sleeping that causes breathing to stop for several seconds.
• Preston, England
good that there is a machine able to monitor your breathing patterns - to stop breathing so often sounds scary
My husband has one and he got his, I tihnk, a couple years ago. I've seen this new one that is portable I would love to get him, because then we could go camping, but I'm sure the p;rice is way too high.
I have the same machine. It is great! The score thing is cool, isn't it? The only thing I don't like is that it docks you for taking off the mask. Well, if you have to go to the bathroom, you have to stop the thing and take off the mask. No perfect score that night! hahaha Seriously, I've been doing so well since March when I got mine. I've traveled twice with it and no problems with TSA security or Mexican security. My baseline was stopping 30 times an hour. Now it is less than once an hour.