Harneyfest!

@Telynor (1226)
Earlier in August I finally got to attend Harneyfest. Those who know me, know that I love tea, especially the good stuff. Luckily, I live near the main store and factory of Harney and Sons, one of the best tea importers here in the United States.Last year, they had Harneyfest, a day at their factory, where they had tours, samples, and the like. This year I found out about it early enough to go, and J had the day off, so I gleefully made plans. I must say that it met my expectations. The only serious complaint that I had was that the heat and humidity were pretty awful, with the end result that I could not stay very long at the event. But I did go on the factory tour, even dragging myself up and down a brutal flight of stairs. It was very interesting how they put together their blends -- one mixer is dedicated solely to the Hot Cinnamon bland as it is so strong that it would ruin anything else put in it. They make two sorts of sachets and bags, with machines that were designed specially for the purpose, and it was very interesting to watch. At the end of the tour we were each given a bag -- a big one -- of Goji Berry Tea. They were also letting us make our own blends. Even J got into it, which delighted me to no end. There wasn't a lot of choices for what you could put in, but it was fun. Out in the parking lot, there was a large tent selling their big bags of tea, at a deep deep discount -- I was able to get two bags of fifty sachets of my favourite blend, the Queen Catherine, and another of Dragon Pearl Jasmine. The only thing that I regretted was not being able to go to the tea ceremony, but the heat and humidity took everything out of me, so we left after just a couple of hours there. I really do hope that I can go next year. The picture is of the tea that J and I put together. Yes, I took it. Don't steal it, ask me first
That is so cool! It sounds like an event that I would have loved to attend as well. I toured the gertrude hawk chocolate factory. It was a really fun tour where at each station we got a candy to try. By the end of the tour we had about half a ziplock sandwhich bag full of candy. It was very neat watching how things were made and packaged.
@Telynor (1226)
Considering that chocolate is one of my favourites, so that does sound like a lot of fun. The tea tour was very interesting, and the machinery quite mezmerising to watch.
@5thHouse (1693)
• Sheffield, England
I think I would enjoy this. My favourite type of tea is white tea, though I also drink lots of Redbush and green
@msiduri (5754)
That sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad about the heat. I can relate to that. Next year!