Book Review" A Catered Halloween" by Isis Crawford : a good murder mystery for Halloween next month

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I finished a book early this morning, and it was a fantastic book called "A Catered Halloween" by Isis Crawford It is about these two sisters Libby and Bernadette Simmons that own a bakery/catering business called A little Taste of Heaven. These sisters agree to cater a Haunted House gathering for a few days with Halloween themed food as the book is set in the Halloween period. This haunted house used to be boys and girls boarding school that had one of the students fall out the window, and there was a theory going around town that this woman named Amytheste that everybody said killed the girl, Bessie Osgood, who they say is still haunting the building that was where the Peabody School was located before it closed down after Bessie Osgood died and parents took their children out of the school? It was ruled an accident but was it really? When Libby and Bernie go there, they get involved in a murder investigation because amethyst was beheaded in the scenery, and it is believed that one of the workers who has a criminal history killed her, But the problem is it could be one of a plethora of people who could have killed her because everybody hated her. Libby and Bernie cater the haunted house and come into contact with ghosts, but you have to read the book to find out if I am talking real ghosts of the haunted house or could it be Bessie Osgood? That dear my letters you will have to read the book to find out.
I enjoy reading a cozy every now and then. This sounds ideal for Halloween.
@johnroberts which cozy mysteries have you read in the past? I haven't read any before this one, and I am going to read all the ones I can get on Kindle Unlimited! It is a good book for Halloween. I have read one other book by Isis Crawford who wrote this book and she/he is excellent!
@Marty1 I could not say off hand. I get them at the library.
@JohnRoberts I understand and think it is great you are utilizing your local library as that was where this book came! But lately, I have been using my local libraries e-library and my sister's local library in which I use her card for their e-library! Have you ever used your local libraries e-library?
@KristenH (24747)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sounds like a new cozy series for me to try next year.
@KristenH What Cozy series have you read? I don't know if this book is part of the cozy series as it was from one of my two local free e-libraries, But I do have Kindle Unlimited and always see cozy mysteries they sound good, but I don't know which ones to read! Can you suggest some good ones?
@KristenH (24747)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Marty1 A lot. I can give you a laundry list of authors I've read. It sounds like it's a cozy to me. Sure. It depends on what kind of cozies do you like to read--culinary, regular, paranormal, craft, etc.
What is a cozy series?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Are you sure this isn't a Scooby Doo episode? Just kidding. Sounds like fun.
@thehorse actually I love scooby doo he is my favorite cartoon character ever! But it was a fun mystery. Right now I am reading about how different companies try to get our business especially about fast food places like McDonalds. It is not a light-hearted book, but it is a good book!
@TheHorse It does incite some anger to me. But it is interesting even though some parts I don't think the companies are being fair. But then I am trying to broaden my horizons in my reading as I have been reading the same types of books for far too long. I love nonfiction books like these! I figure it is a well-written book to make some people have emotions about certain parts.
@Marty1 I love Scooby Doo too :)
It sounds like a mystery I would enjoy
@paigea I think it was a good book most can enjoy, and we even get a pumpkin bar recipe at the end! I think i am going to attempt to make it! It was really a good book, but then I have read a different Isis Crawford book, and it was just as enjoyable so you might want to try any of her books! The other one i read was a catered birthday party which was a birthday party Bernie and Libby cater for a dog! That was an excellent book!
Yes, a perfect book for Halloween! Thanks for the review my friend! Hugs!!
@corbin5 Hugs to you too!
@responsiveme (16835)
oooh i love that picture:). The books sounds interesting. Agatha Christie has a Halloween mystery too"Halloween Party" Am reading --- I'll walk alone...Mary Higgins Clark.
@responsiveme I have read Mary Higgins Clark before just haven't read her in a couple of years but am going to start to walk to the library daily so will look up one soon as I have a Mary Higgins Clark book in the other bedroom or somewhere in my house! I know i have it just don't know where it is! I am going to look for Halloween Party by Agatha Christie as i love her writing I am reading i forget the title completely but something about Roger Evans i started yesterday as it was her birthday that day! Is the Mary Higgins Clark book new? Never heard if it? I can't remember it as i need a nap!
@Marty1 Is it Why didn't they ask Evans? Or Murder of Roger Ackroyd? I read that Britain took out stamps in Christie's memory on her b'day. I finished the Mary Higgins clark...i think its one of her newer books Have a nice nap and wake up rested:)
@responsiveme yes I it was why didn't they ask Evans I thought it was that but didn't want to put it down here and have it be wrong. How long does it take you to read a book? I am getting faster! I didn't read that about agatha Christie and the stamps! Good news! Just love that woman. I haven't read an Agatha Christie in a long time. So am enjoying it! I am also going to start a paper book as the Evans book is on Kindle and I have several books going at once!
@MarymargII (10410)
• Toronto, Ontario
OOh I would love that book as I love both mysteries and Halloween! I may even look for it!
@marymargll If love Halloween and mysteries this is the book for you! IT won't let you down!
@MarymargII (10410)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Marty1 I'm going to look for it at the book store!
Sounds like an interesting read.
@just4him I think it put me in the Halloween mood as i started by bringing a brass pumpkin down from the attic to start decorating for Halloween on Saturday the 10th!
@Marty1 That's great!
I love your photo! The book review caught my attention and sounds interesting.
@diannen The picture as I remember it was better on the book but i, of course, forgot to take a photo before i took it back to the library! But thanks for liking the one i chose! I didn't expect to find such a Halloween like one from Pixabay so easily! It is a good book and it isn't really scary so, i think you would like it!
@LoriAMoore (4677)
I love Halloween, horror movies, scary books!
@loriamoore I, too, love Halloween. I am not one much for scary movies, but i do make sure to read murder mysteries only during October! If i watched a scary movie, i would be scared out of my skin at bedtime in the dark and just Marty, my hamster, and me in the house!
@RubyHawk (28444)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sounds like an interesting book. I read the book "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" and I saw where they've made a movie and it will be on TV. I think it will be a kind of cartoon. Your book sounds similar. '