A Haiku-Writing App.

@5thHouse (1692)
Sheffield, England
One of the apps I have on my phone is called Haiku Popper. This free app turns the creative process into a bit of a game because you have to tap words on the screen as they fall in order to create a haiku. I find it relaxing and fun, a good way to bring some low-key creativity into my day or to capture a particular mood. I think it would appeal to anyone who likes to play with words. I find it strangely calming to see the different words flowing down my screen although it can be quite frustrating waiting for the right word to appear. There's no time limit though. I find it a good way to pass the time on train journeys. You can choose from different themes, including fantasy, scifi or silly. Your completed haikus will be saved in a journal. Here are some haikus I wrote with the app. "Glistening patterns on the pools and fresh streams where sunshine beckons her." "Painted unicorn magic kingdom within the deep abyss of stars." "Autumn gold explodes crashing into bursting hearts renewing magic." Have you ever used an app like this?
@epiffanie (10458)
No I've never used Haiku Popper.. love your poem ..
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
I don't think this app could ever replace serious poetry writing because, like I say, it's more a game really. You have to work with the words that you are given, whereas of course you can use any words that come into your head when you're constructing a 'homemade' poem. But it is good fun and I think for anyone who enjoys just playing with words, it makes a difference to the conventional word challenge games.
• Uzbekistan
Oh, isn't that cheating? I've composed several haikus and posted them here. They're all hand-made by me.
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
It's not really cheating because you still have to choose the words. The app doesn't write the poem for you.
I hate hiakus but I know there are a few on mylot who really enjoy writing them so I think it is awesome your shared about this app!
@LoriAMoore (4684)
That is a very different type of app. Cool.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
Not try yet...