Oh Yeah, Happy Anniversary!

A while ago we made a trip from Alberta to Manitoba. We decided to break up the 13 hour drive and stay overnight in Saskatchewan. We found a cheap motel and looked around for somewhere to have supper. We ended up at Boston Pizza on the patio. After we ordered, I started to think it was getting close to our wedding anniversary. We thought for a minute and realized it WAS our anniversary. We toasted each other with our water and had a bit of a laugh that we both forgot. How fun, we went out for an anniversary supper.
• Denmark
If there are no traffic jams, it's not possible to drive through Germany for 13 hours. You'd be in a neighbouring country!
I know. 13 hoursjust takes us from the middle of Alberta to Winnipeg. Terrible when family are spread from British Columbia to New Brunswick
The way I drive I could make it across the USA
@andriaperry One can't even get through Ontario in 1 day.
Now that has got to be a first. I've heard all the stories about men forgetting them but for both to forget ..... it must mean you're marriage is running so smoothly there's no need to remind the other.
That is what I think. Every day is just another day in paradise. LOL
that's the way it should be @paigea .... so you guys celebrate when the mood strikes, that's fantastic. Was the pizza good?
@rebelann we enjoyed it.
Lol! I'd bop my hubs on the head if he ever forgot.
lol, at least we both forgot. I would feel guilty if he remembered and I forgot.
@paigea At least you can laugh about it!
@DianneN we don't usually do anything special so this time we were in a restaurant!
Too cute. Glad you both figured that out! A celebration you had for it too!
We are still chuckling.
@paigea Me too!
congrats 'n yer anniversary :) we tend to ferget here's well, though the hubs recalls the day we met quite well.
We tend to remember the day we met too. It is also one grandchild's birthday!
@bunnybon7 (33075)
• Holiday, Florida
oh thats cute. usually it is just the guy forgets. happy anniversary you both
Thank you. It was a while ago, I just finally got around to writing it.
@sallypup (21892)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Kind of like Christmas. After thirty years of effort at finding the perfect gifty you run out of gas!! What to get now? Oh heck. We'll get something for the house. Happy anniversary and have a slice of pizza for me, please.
Thank you. We bought a chair for the living room last Christmas.
@sallypup (21892)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@paigea It looks like this year the floor might be saying Happy Yule!
@sallypup Somehow when we bought this house we focused on the layout and the location and the yard. Once we were living here, we realized it needed new flooring, painting in most rooms, and worst of all new windows! How does one scratch windows all up? The washing machine and fridge conked out as soon as we moved in. The stove has a big melted/burned section - well, I did see that of course. That is still not on my list though! Anyway, each year we do something. Living room and hallway floor one year, kitchen, dining room and entry this year. I have painted two bedrooms. Hubby decided we need to finish the basement (we do not need to do that!). So that is an ongoing, long term, dusty project. Bleah. And of course there are always other issues. The whole water filtration system had to be overhauled, deck boards replaced, etc, etc. Luckily hubby is very handy. Always something when you own a house. But, I enjoy my nice laminate living room floor. It is so pretty when it is not smudged up with our foot prints. I hope you find flooring you like.
Did you really forget that it was your anniversary? This is something I never forget.
I really do forget it. We actually had to get married twice, maybe that's why I forget the anniversary.
@paigea We all got married twice in Italy in the past, the first marriage (called "civil") in the town all and the "real" marriage in the Church. I do not even consider the civil marriage, that was celebrated about 15 days before.
@LadyDuck That is interesting. We invited our families to a wedding in our yard. It was our second marriage. My husband had not saved his divorce papers. We didn't realize this until we went to get our marriage license. The building that kept those records from the 60s had burned down. He finally got the papers but not in time. So the marriage commisioner performed the ceremony while our family were there, as planned. But we had to actually get married at a later date. We count the one we celebrated with our families as our anniversary.
• Midland, Michigan
While we don't forget the actual date, we've not been able to celebrate in any way since my husband's stay in the hospital eight years ago. Actually, we've probably never celebrated that day much since we got married in April, and we never have extra money to do anything fun.
I see, well, I will take a chance. The actual anniversary was months ago. The incident just happens to be about our anniversary.
• Midland, Michigan
@paigea Right, I forgot you said a while ago it happened. I've seen a few birthday and anniversary posts before that weren't removed. It may depend on who has a problem with them, which I don't. I just happened to read about this again from another member just before coming upon your post. It's still here, you're probably fine after all.
@MarshaMusselman I can see it being considered a mile stone post, but in my mind its about being amused by our forgetting. If it was removed I wouldn't whine about it.
That's great! I'm glad you had a good anniversary and I hope you have many more.
Thank you. Hopefully we will remember it on purpose next year. Lol
@paigea I hope you do. Sometimes life gets so busy we forget those things.
Well good you remembered in a nick of time and had an anniversary pizza coming your way ! Happy anniversary!!
Yes it worked out to be a bigger celebration than usual!
@paigea Awww, that's so nice!!
• Eugene, Oregon
Congratulations and it will be one you recall with a laugh.
Thank you. We will try to remember next year. But the funny thing is we were eating out when we realized it was our anniversary and usually we don't do anything on our anniversary. lol
• Eugene, Oregon
@paigea That is funny the way it happened. We had out 7th this July and always go to our favorite restaurant.
@sol_cee (13596)
• Japan
Such sports! lol
We had a laugh and we had fun.
@sol_cee (13596)
• Japan
@paigea who needs drama? lol happy anniversary to you sports!
That's nice. At least you BOTH forgot which is much better than just one of you forgetting. :)
Yes I am glad he didn't remember while I forgot!
@paigea That wouldn't have been good.
@mom210 (5795)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It is great you remembered on the right day and not the day after. Happy anniversary.
Yes thst was just such a cpincidence
that is really funny that you both forgot :-)
We don't make a fuss anyway so was funny we ended up in a restaurant on our anniversary
• Pleasant Hill, California
Congratulations! How was the pizza?
I don' t remember if we even had pizza. This was a couple of months ago. I know we enjoyed ourselves
@suziecat7 (3463)
• Asheville, North Carolina
You were together on a road adventure. Doesn't get better than that.
Very true!
Aww what a wonderful trip, Happy Anniversary!
Thank you. Funnily enough we ate out at a restaurant. More than we usually do.
@Rohvannyn (3137)
Ha ha, a surprise anniversary!
Yes , and it could easily happen again next year.