Scratch chicken wrangler off my list of paid occupations

@sallypup (27975)
Moses Lake, Washington
One of our hens is determined to get out of the run and coop. I can't figure where the hole is. Fine for when I am home. She lays her egg, I scoot her back in and we get on with the day. Tomorrow we start on the road trip. Hubby took an old dog kennel out of the shed. I managed to figure how to unfold the wire pieces and turn it into a kennel cage. Going to house me one silly red and black hen! Easier said than done. She sure flapped and ran and flapped. I finally got her. Got her in the kennel then tried to put food in. She zipped out like a feathered snake. Finally got her back in and decided to pour her food in onto the piece of cardboard that I put in for her to sit on. Good enough. I'd given her water earlier. I am not signing up for Chicken Wrangler jobs.
Lol! You are too funny! Enjoy your road trip and let's hope she behaves herself!
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN I checked on the little hen a bit ago. She's not a super happy camper but is alive and that is what matters.
@sallypup Glad she is alive. You are right. That is all that matters.
lol escape artist hen
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Stinky slinky skunks.
Sure is a lot of work for one chicken! Yes, a job like that takes extended training that ends in a B.S. Degree in Chicken Wrangling.
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 It is a lot of work for one chicken but I hate the thought of returning to her being missing and not coming back.
@ricki_911 (19761)
• Toronto, Ontario
Very determined! Hopefully it works for the time being.
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@ricki_911 I hope so. We're going to be gone 4 days. I can't expect the property sitter to be responsible for the hen's welfare.
Got your exercise for the next few days. Animals gotta love them.
I like the thought of a 'feathered snake'. Some chickens are very slippery at times.
Oh darn, we have lots of opening around here for chicken wranglers lol I love a resourceful hen!!