I could not get help in the store a few times.

I went in the other day and needed to know where something was and the guy did not speak English. I was then forced to go find someone else to help me. Then I needed help with buying a cake at the bakery and the woman could not speak English to help me. Today I went and needed help finding Pita bread and she looked at me like I was stupid and lifted up her shoulders. I said you should not be working here if you can't help me. Another person heard man took me to find my item. A customer at that. While so many people living coming on hard times can't get a dam job. I am going to get the email of the top man in charge and send him a nice email. Customer service is part of working in a supermarket. I can only imagine the amount of people who speak English that were passed up for that job because of the pay rate. Disgrace.
@Plethos (7994)
i would rather place blame at the person who hired them, not the non-english speaking employee.
That employee has to share the blame for applying there to begin with.
@Plethos (7994)
@sharon6345 - i agree that the person working there should have a basic comprehension of the english language and ability to speak it. i live near the mexican border and people in retail are encouraged/required to know both langauges. it makes for better business and a low loss of potential business, which is why i would blame the person who did the hiring.
It is necessary to know the language of the country you are living in.
For everyone as well.
@sharon6345 Yes everyone sharon I agree.
That is so true. If they can't speak the language they should not be allowed to work out where people are who might have a question. It is a disgrace.
I know I can't wait to get a car to find other places to shop.
@sharon6345 ....And then you will have more room for all the packages. LOL
@hereandthere (26025)
if a job entails communicating with customers, visitors, etc, they should put someone who can. otherwise, assign them elsewhere. as a business owner, wouldn't they want to maximize the salary they pay people they hire? at this rate, customers will either decrease visits or send them complaints.
That is something I would thing long and hard about before doing it this low wage way. Thanks.
yes,it is disgrace.
Thanks for sharing your views. Thanks a lot.