Favorite "Car" Songs #7 - "Brand New Cadillac"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
#7 in my Favorite "Car" Songs series really needs no introduction, London's legendary punk band, The Clash, and their version of "Brand New Cadillac." The Clash formed in 1976, and are often referred to as "The only band that matters. In fact, The Clash might just be the best punk band ever. The band often incorporated other genre's such as reggae into their punk sound. The Clash are members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In the case of their remake of Vince Taylor's "Brand New Cadillac, " the band went for a bit of a spy movie theme. "Brand New Cadillac" wasn't a huge hit , and wasn't as well known as "Rock the Casbah" or " London Calling." Yet the song was a perfect candidate for a Clash cover, and it rocks without delving too much into the band's punk roots. It has also been covered by the likes of Brian Setzer, and The Fall. The Clash version, as far as I'm concerned, is the definitive version. Enjoy The Only Band that Mattered:
I made a music video for The Clash's Brand New Cadillac because it's about time somebody made one. ***I do not own any of these pictures, all of them were ta...
• Lakewood, Colorado
Id like to ride in a Cadillac with the Clash then and now too Scott.
That would have been a fun ride!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@teamfreak16 They were fun guys I am sure.
@FourWalls (8891)
Yeah! I mentioned when I did the first rendition of the songs-you-may-not-know-were-covers that the Clash really deserved a lot of credit for the wise choice of covers they made (e.g., "Police and Thieves" on the first album, "Police on My Back" on Sandinista!) that seamlessly flowed into their originals.
They certainly had great taste when it came to covers.
The Clash. Any song by The Clash is a righteous pick.
You can't go wrong with any Clash, really. You are totally right.
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
Like so many others, I know Rock the Casbah and London Calling, but haven't come across Brand New Cadillac
It definitely wasn't as big as those two.
Love the clash but I do not know that song but so it happens now I am singing "rock the Casbah" ...... deep sigh. LOL
Did you know that "Rock the Casbah" was the first song Armed Forces Radio played in Saudi at the beginning of Desert Storm?
That's a good song. I remember it from back in the day too.
It was a perfect song for them to cover.