Will Be Protesting the Kelly Miller Circus!

Please join us for a peaceful protest of animal use by Kelly Miller Circus on September 23rd from 3:30-4:30 and 6:30-7:30. Oh joy! I am delighted to join a peaceful protest of the Kelly Miller Circus in my little Chicago suburb! I will have my appropriate poster made and ready to go. All posters displayed by protestors will be factual and educational. The Kelly Miller Circus: 1. Has been cited by the USDA on numerous occasions for animal welfare violations. 2. Is included on the list of the "8 Cruelest Circuses in the USA." Every single suburb in the Chicago area that will host the Kelly Miller Circus will have peaceful protesters in full force. The Lions Club is responsible for hosting the Kelly Miller Circus. Apparently the Lions Club cares for some living things, but not all. A shame.
@OreoBrownie (3639)
• Elberton, Georgia
I hate circuses as a whole. I don't get caught up with the frame and tricks. I hate it. Let the animals be animals and not performers. Kids are taught to love this abuse and it's just wrong, and I wouldn't spend a dollar to see a show.
I agree. Any venue that uses animals for monetary gain is sending the wrong message to kids.
@oreobrownie I wouldn't go to a circus for free! I think it is horrible what they do to animals that are unnatural to what that poor animal is supposed to be doing!
@Marty1 I really is the saddest show on earth. Well, you and I know other venues that hold animals captive, and those are sad shows too.
@epiffanie (10408)
It is worth your time joining that peaceful protest .. Animals should not be used in circuses anymore ..
I agree. Giving animals a life sentence with no possibility of parole is a heinous thing to do. Animals who are held captive have committed no crime.
@Corbin5 i wish you all the luck in helping these poor animals. hugs you are the best!
@Marty1 Hugs to you and Marty too!
@scheng1 (24748)
Hopefully they can take care of the animals better. Since they make use of the animals to make money, it sure makes sense for them to treat the animals like royalty.
I agree! A very good circus can entertain with just people performing.
@scheng1 (24748)
@Corbin5 They sure can get the animals to perform, but they have to treat the animals well. Many dog owners can teach their pet dogs interesting tricks, and the dogs seem happy to learn the tricks. Dog owners do not mistreat the dogs since they love their dogs so much. The circus should treat all their animals as pets instead of creatures to put in cage.
@scheng1 Well, I think dogs would be fine, cats too. Wild animals, however, do belong in the wild. The circus we will protest has an elephant and a zebra, both of which would be much happier in the wild.
I hope you have successful protests.
Me too! My sister will take the day off from work to join me and all the others. I have our educational and appropriate posters ready.
@Corbin5 I am so proud of you joining this protest! I hope you get that torture chamber shut down permanently! I am protesting myself by not listening to a radio station I have listened to for years because they gave out Ringling Brothers circus tickets to the two people who answered the news challenge of the day! I will not listen to any station that gives away circus tickets! Good luck in getting the circus to close!
@Marty1 Same here. I will not buy from Amazon since they sell animal traps. No way will I use Groupon since they sell circus tickets. My sister will take the day off from work to join us. Hugs!!
@theBlock (2696)
@Corbin5 I'm all for protesting. I am definitely animal rights advocate. Go get 'em, Deborah!
I am making my educational sign for the protest tomorrow. I am delighted to be able to join others in this fight for humane treatment for all living things.
@theBlock (2696)
@Corbin5 I hope there are a lot of protestors tomorrow. Hope everything goes well
@Hanyouyomi (1947)
• Dallas, Texas
"Animal wellness violations....?" Just why? These animals are trained professional performers just like the humans, how the frack are they supposed to continue doing that if they're not properly cared for! CHRIST! These are like pets, they're a BIG responsibility! Oh, wait...Nevermind...I get it....-_-
Animal Welfare Violations by this circus: The USDA is supposed to keep tabs on the treatment of those animals, but government agencies here drop the ball more often than not.
http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/pdf/Kelly-Miller-pdf.pdf
• Dallas, Texas
@Corbin5 See this kinda crap is why I tend to think homicide is a good idea... When you can use a dog treat to train a dog to do tricks and use catnip on cats, why the frack are they using cattle prods? It shouldn't take that to get an animal to do tricks. *Reads furthers and slams forehead to my desk* These neanderthals were TOLD that it wasn't an effective method and did it anyway?! Did these handlers suffer repeated blunt force trauma to the heads as children to not heed warnings like that? *Reads the April 15th 205 report* Okay I think I'm done. If I read anymore, I might be temptd to do something I'll regret. I have been condemning the human intellect since I was 13 years old, and the various instances that justify my bias get worst... And worst... I mean good lord! This is dumbfounding. Those animals are akin to house pets you think they'd be cared for properly! This is ridiculous! Dx
@Lucky15 (33720)
They are earning from it just sad that they are not taling good care of those animals
Yes, using animals to make money and mistreating them should no longer be allowed.
@Corbin5 That is almost excactly what the PETA website says about animals they are not ours to use for anything as a paraphrase
and this will actually cease the horrific abuse those animals suffer ? I truly hope so cause protesting is not taken as seriously as it used to except if something bad happens during it and media then will glamorize the bad and ignore what good it could have served
I was amazed that every town in my state of IL has protestors in full force regarding this circus and others. Thank goodness.
@Corbin5 wonderful news hope what is demonstrated against, is noted and stopped
Sounds like a good cause to protest. I'm surprised they haven't been shut down.
The USDA, like most government agencies, is not too good at doing their job.
@Corbin5 That's a shame.
There is no reason to mistreat any animal just to get them to preform. If trained right they would do good anyway.
When I told my sister I was protesting, she went the extreme route on this one to gather more protesters. Heck, she is leaving flyers on the commuter train and handing them out at our local pet store. Once she gets going, there is no stopping here. If there are a lot of protestors, she will have had a hand in that. She is taking the day off to protest with her big sister.
Good luck with this. I hope you and your group make a difference. At least you're trying.
I was in awe when I saw the list of circus protests in so many towns all over IL. Not just the Kelly Miller Circus, but many others. My sister will take a day off work to join us.
Hopefully the protest ends with good results.
When I looked at the list of protests for our town and a multitude of towns all over Illinois, I was amazed. People no longer will tolerate the abuse.
@HazySue (22517)
@Corbin5 it is a good cause to support. Hope you have a terrific turnout for your peaceful protest.
Me too! I have my sign ready!!
@mom210 (6779)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope that you can make a difference, good luck
Thank you for your kind wishes. It is a peaceful protest that will send the right message.
I hope this circus will be put out of business.
Me too! There is no reason to have animals perform for humans any longer. I am amazed that protestors will be in full force for this circus and others in towns all over the state of Illinois.
Although I won't be able to attend, I applaud you for taking part in this peaceful protest. And more importantly, for spreading the word, I don't think that everyone was aware of this circus misuse of animals before your last discussion on this circus. I'll be thinking of you, and hoping that the protest helps in the longrun-world wide, as all animals need protection.
Thank you for your heartfelt wishes my friend. My sister will take the day off from work to join me and others in this protest. We have our official, appropriate, protest signs and we are ready to go. More and more people will no longer put up with animal abuse.
@garymarsh6 (14317)
I would never set foot in a circus like many others these days!
I am just amazed that every single town to which this circus will come in my state of Illinois has a slew of protestors on hand. Every day, things are getting better for animals. More and more people will not put up with the abuse any longer.
When I was a kid, I used to love circuses but hated the acts with animals. I am fascinated with lions and tigers but don't like seeing them being whipped by their trainers.
Yes, once a person figures out that using animals for entertainment purposes or holding them in captivity is just not right, then sadness takes over when we witness animals being used.